Prologue

Maika
Seven Years Ago

As I gaze out of the window at the dismal sky, I heavily sigh. My hand's grip on the handle of the door is tight. I'm always wary now.

As we drive into the neighborhood, I sink into my seat and groan. I don't want to move to this place. I don't have any friends here. I'll be alone. Even more so since my dad passed.

My mom turns the engine off to the car once she pulls into a driveway and looks back to me. "Alright, Maika, this is our new home!"

I peek out the window and see the modern structure in front of us. It's just a little bit smaller than our old home. "Why did we have to move? Our old house was fine."

"I already told you, it's for work. Come on, let's start bringing our things in, the moving truck just arrived." She unbuckles her seatbelt and exits the car. I grab my dance bag that sits next to me and exit the car.

As I pick up a single box to carry inside, a soccer ball rolls to my feet. "Huh?"

A boy runs after it, but when he sees me, he stops a house down from where I am. He looks like he's the same age as me, with caramel hair and matching eyes. A girl that is a couple feet behind him stands there too with short chocolate hair. "Hey! Can you kick the ball over here?" He shouts from a distance.

I slowly put down my box and dance bag. I align my foot with the ball and kick it over to him. Unfortunately, I kicked it with too much strength and it flies past him. "Woah!! I'll get it!" The girl sprints down the street to get the ball.

The boy walks up to me and smiles, his eyes twinkling with excitement. "That was so cool! Are you also a soccer player?"

"Uhm, no. I dance so I have really strong legs." I explain.

"Oh, cool! My name's Watari Ryota by the way," Watari extends his hand out to me.

"I'm Akiyama Maika." I shake his hand and smile, something that I haven't done in a while.

I'm not sure if this is because I met him at that moment, but the clouds part and the sun finally shines in the azure sky. Maybe moving here won't be such a bad thing if the sky looks like this here.

♪ ♪ ♪

I completely changed this prologue because I hated it and have been meaning to rewrite it😂
Hope you like it!

Rachel✍