045

Maika

After staying for a while, I leave the cemetery. I don't really know where I want to go, but I'm not in the mood to go back home. I wander around without a destination to go to. At a street crossing, I push the button to let me go across. After a couple of seconds, the signal turns to green, allowing me to cross.

As I begin to cross the road, I can feel my legs losing feeling in them, slowly, like a decrescendo from forte to piano. My walking pace slows down to a complete stop as I fall to the ground on my knees, unable to move.

Cars honk at me to move but I can't. My head hangs low and I sigh. "I'm sorry..." I mumble.

"Maika!!" A voice calls out. I hear footsteps running towards my direction. I don't look up to see who it is when they come to a stop. "Maika, get up, you're in the middle of the road," The person says.

"I can't.." I mutter.

The person picks me up and runs out of the road right before the light turns green. "Take me to the hospital... Please." I ask them.

They don't respond to me and keep walking to where I asked them to go. I glance up to the figure holding me and Wataris' head is held high, sprinting to the hospital.

Thank you Watari...

I drift to sleep as he carries me in the streets.

Watari

The automatic doors part as I approach them and walk through. "Please help!" I call out to a nurse that passes by.

She stops and runs up to me. "We'll take her sir," She replies and I hand Maika over to her. They place her on a stretcher and run to the elevator to bring her up.

As the elevator's​ door closes, I glance at Maika. Her skin is pale and she's motionless.. It looks as if she's lifeless...

As I wait on the fourth floor of the hospital for Maika, I pace back and forth. The waiting room that I'm in only has one couple and a grandma. The couple sits on the other side of the room and the grandma is in the row of seats that I walk past.

"Sit down son," The elderly woman says. I stop and look at her. "Walking back and forth will only wear you out."

"I'm a soccer player, I don't get tired this easily." I reply. She raises an eyebrow at me and I sit next to her.

"Are you about to lose someone?" She asks.

"No.."

I'm not losing Maika... She'll be okay.

"I'm.. I'm just scared."

"It's okay to be afraid son." She says.

"What about you? Why are you here?" I question her. I don't want to think about Maika leaving. Not today, not ever.

"My daughter is about to have her baby." She chuckles. "I never ever thought of her being a mother. But time flies by so quickly.."

I smile and she holds my hand. "She'll be a great mother." I say.

"And whoever is out there will survive for you. I can see that you care about them a lot so they'll live to see you again."

"How do you know?"

"My son, he got into a car accident seventeen years ago. Everyone lost hope that he would live, but I knew that my love would bring him back. All these years later, he's alive and well, ran a marathon not too long ago."

"Who are you waiting for?" The woman questions.

"Her name is Maika."

"Tell me what she's like, uhm, I don't think you've told me you're name yet."

"Oh, Ryota Watari." I introduced.

"Then, Ryota Watari, tell me what this Maika is like."

"Well, she's a ballerina. Also a musician. A couple months ago she won a national competition in Towa Hall." I explain. "She has silky caramel hair, gorgeous sage eyes and a smile that just lights up anyone's day."

"She sounds wonderful Watari."

"She is.."

Just as I say that, a nurse enters the waiting room and waves her hand, signaling for me to come over.

Please have good news.. I don't even know what's happening to her but please let her come back to me, like that old woman's son.

♪ ♪ ♪

This and the last chapter are based off of things that happened to me when my papa was in the hospital. I remember having a conversation with a grandma in the waiting room of the hospital and she asked me if I was about to lose someone. I didn't say yes, I said that I was scared but our conversation wasn't as in depth as Watari's.

I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter!

Rachel✍