040

Maika

"I have a disease called Myasthenia Gravis. My muscles will tense up until I can't move anymore."

Ayako's eyes widen. "W-what...?" She mumbles. "Why haven't you told anyone yet?"

"I used to say that I didn't tell anyone because I didn't want to burden anyone with my problems, but now it's because I'm scared. I don't even know why, I just am."

"That's why after my last competition I didn't enter anymore. I had to rest my body to slow down the process of the spreading."

"But once I asked you, you began dancing again and.."

"Yeah, I don't have much time left till I can't move."

Ayako's tears appear again and she sniffles. "It-it's my fault that soon you won't be able to walk!!" She exclaims. "I was so selfish making you train me, and you'll soon be in a state you can't leave... I-I-I'm so sorry Maika!" She stutters and sobs.

"Ayako, I'm fine. Don't worry about it. If I went back, I wouldn't change a thing. I want to live my life to the fullest; I'm not gonna give up everything and play if safe, I want to take risks and not live behind imaginary bars until they become real. Don't blame yourself, this is my fault anyways."

She continues sniffling and I chuckle while wiping away the tears. "Don't cry Ayako, I'll always be here with you."

After Ayako calms down and stops crying, we head back to the preparation room. She messed up her makeup so I have to help her apply it again then she changes into her costume.

"Okay, do I look better now?" She asks once she finishes

I nod. "Mhm, oh wait," I brush a couple of stray hairs back and spray hairspray. "Now you're good!"

"Thank you Maika! You're like a big sister to me,"

Does she even have any siblings? Ayako lives in such a big place, even if her parents are millionaires. I've never seen her parents also..

"Speaking of, do you have any siblings?"

She stays silent and presses her lips together. "I have a brother but he moved out of the house and he's getting married next year.."

Shoot why'd I ask? She seems so uncomfortable..

A teacher then comes in and tells me to go into the auditorium now because the show is going to start. I say goodbye to Ayako and she waves.

Before opening the door to the auditorium, a pair of arms wrap around my torso and the person's chin rests on my shoulder.

"Maika!! You didn't tell us you were here!" I look down to my shoulder and Watari smiles.

He's like a little kid...

"Sorry?" I say and smile. I can feel my face heating up. "Um, shall we go on now?"

"Oh yeah," He lets go of me and opens the door for me.

Watari leads me to where Tsubaki and Kashiwagi sit. "Maika!" Tsubaki exclaims.

"Where were you? We called and went to your house but you weren't there." Kashiwagi inquires.

"Oh really? I left early to help Ayako." I explain.

"Come sit down, the gala is starting!" Tsubaki says and we take our seats. The lights slowly dim and the audience applauds.

'Let the show begin...'

♪ ♪ ♪

Hello!! It's been a while since I updated but I'm driving to Chicago today so I'll have time to write.

OH AND IM SEEING HAMILTON TONIGHT

BUT MORE IMPORTANTLY HAS ANYONE SEEN THE BTS "NOT TODAY" MV TRAILER??? IT REMINDS ME SO MUCH OF THE NO CONCEPT TRAILER/FIRE/RUN

I love dying

Rachel✍