063

Watari

"The day that Maika was admitted to the hospital, I was with her. We bumped into each other in the city so I asked Maika if she wanted to go ice skating. We went out and I told her how I felt..."

"You like Maika?!" Tsubaki interrupts.

"Yeah... I realized that I do have feelings for her, but then this happened."

"Finally you realized it..." Tsubaki mumbles.

"This might not even work and I'm terrified for that... It's too risky, I want to tell her not to go through with it but she wants to, I'm just wary of the results..."

Kioshi

The snow gently falls from the sky as I lean up against the window of the bus, heading to the hospital. I sigh and the window becomes foggy from my breath.

When the bus reaches the hospital, some of the passengers get off including me. I take my hood off once I enter the building and head towards the elevator to visit Maika's room.

I search for her room and knock on the door once I see the sign indicating that she's being treated there.

"Come in," I hear her say on the other side.

I slide open the door and she puts down what she was looking at on the side table.

"Hey, how are you doing?" I ask and sit next to her.

"Good... I was looking through old pictures just now," She picks up the first one that lays on the stack. The photo is of Maika at a recital holding a bouquet of flowers with a medal hanging from her neck.

"The doctors said that they found a cure for Myasthenia Gravis. It's only a theory and I would be the first to be operated on." She pauses for a moment.

"I'm going to do the surgery."

"Maika, it's not set it stone that it'll work-"

"If this will help me, I want to do it... I want to become the girl in the picture again, and this may be a step towards it."

I sigh, knowing that I can't change her mind. "Alright, I support your decision, I just want the best for you."