038

Maika

As the days pass and the gala concert nears, Ayako gradually starts to panic and stress out about her performance.

"Ackk!! I did it wrong again, didn't I?" She yells in frustration.

"Well.. you turned the wrong way and did a leap to the front and not the side." I explain. "Here, watch closely." I demonstrate the part she messed up and look back at Ayako.

"Practice one more time and then we'll go with music again." Ayako practices once more, then I turn the music back on.

She gets that part correct, but messes up the following move. "Ugh.. I keep messing up.." Ayako sulks.

"Are you okay? You usually get everything right,"

"I'm just stressed.." She explains.

Ayako
Earlier During School

I walk onto campus and everyone is talking about the gala concert. Smiling, I mentally count down the days until the concert.

Just one more week!!

In the middle of my thoughts, my two friends, Yuri and Mei walk up to me. "Hey guys!!" I cheerfully greet.

"Hey Ayako!!" They respond back.

The three of us walk to our classroom when a voice calls out for me right before I enter the class. "Suzuki Ayako," I turn around and see the music instructor who is also in charge of the gala behind me. "Are you prepared for the concert?"

I nod in response. "Mhm!!"

"Good! You're the only student to be dancing and not play an instrument. You'll be sure to stand out." She takes her leave as a teacher down the hallway calls for her.

"Ayee, you excited?" Mei asks.

"Yes, and anxious." I respond.

"You'll do great!!" Yuri cheers and we walk into the classroom.

As I sit down, I can hear voices from around me whisper. They're loud enough for me to still hear them; that was probably the point of the whispers.

"Tch, Ayako thinks that she's better than everyone else by doing a dance for the gala."

"She's not even that good at dancing!!"

"Just because she's rich and has a big studio all for herself, that doesn't mean she's good."

"She thinks she's all that just because one person praised her. They were lying for sure,"

My head tilts down towards the surface of my desk, but I pretend that I'm working on stuff so that they don't know that I'm bothered. I silently sniffle and a tear drops onto the paper, blotting the ink.

♪ ♪ ♪

I hate being sick.... Ughhhh

Anyways, here's an update!! Not very interesting and kinda short but oh well.

Also I know I keep changing the title BUT just here me out.

The title I'm thinking of isn't a huge difference, but what I'm thinking of is "Secrets of Spring". Idk, I like the sound of this title better and as an acronym, it's "S.O.S" sorta tying in with the story.. in a way..

I also forgot to say this before the new year when this actually happened, but THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 1K READS AND 100 VOTES!! It means so much to me that people actually read my story and like it. I will continue to work hard and update chapters you like!!

Rachel✍