037

Maika

I head back home after visiting hours and decide to go on the roof. I haven't been up there in a while so I mean, why not.

I climb out of the window and up the side of my house to the roof. Once I get to the top, I lay down. "Hey, Maika."

I look down and see Watari peeking out of his window. "Can I come up?" I nod and he gets the latter to climb up.

"You okay? You don't seem like normal right now," He points out.

I shake my head. "I'm fine. Just tired."

"Sometimes, I just want time to stop.." I mumble.

"Why's that?" Watari questions.

"Because time goes by too quickly for people to take in everything." We both gaze at the sunset. "Like the sun. It goes down too fast for people to really appreciate it's beauty.."

I lay down again and Watari lies beside me. My eyes feel heavy and my eyelids shut as I fall asleep.

Watari

I wake up and the moon is already out. Maika sleeps next to me, curled up into a ball.

How long have I been out here?

Maika starts to shiver and I take off my blazer and set it over her as a blanket. I gently kiss her forehead and stroke her hair.

You overwork yourself to much... That's why you can't take in everything, because you work hard and never take a break..

♪ ♪ ♪

Happy new year!! I hope you had a great 2016 and that 2017 will bring you much joy!!!

I've had a Wattpad ever since 2014, but I finally published one of my fanfics on here in 2016. I was very nervous at first because I didn't think people would like my writing, but thank you for reading!! I willing continue to work hard and create new chapters and stories that you will enjoy.

(Also, this was a really short chapter, but I'm writing this at three in the morning sooooo forgive me)

Have a lovely new year!!!

Rachel✍