061

Third Person

The doctors ask Watari to leave Maika's hospital room to let her rest since they will be doing tests on her and he does so. When Watari arrives back to the visitor's lounge, he sits with Tsubaki and Kousei as they sit across from Maika's mother.

"Are you... Are you serious?" Tsubaki whispers in disbelief. Her lip quivers as Maika's mom nods.

"When she woke up from her coma and discovered what happened to her father, she always blamed herself for his death. She said that if she hadn't always talked about Swan Lake, he wouldn't have bought the tickets and they wouldn't have gotten in the accident." She tucks her hair behind her ear and crosses her arms. "I tried to convince her that it wasn't her fault, but she would always believe that it was her fault."

"Why did she keep this a secret from us?" Kousei questions.

"She didn't want to make people worry about her. I told her many times that she should tell you guys so that this wouldn't happen where something happens and you wouldn't know what happened. But of course, she didn't." 

"Telling us would be better than not knowing!!" Tsubaki shouts.

"The thing is, Maika thought, nothing would change if she told you or not. She did have good intentions, but she never wanted to look at the picture as a whole. She didn't want to see the end results of what may happen."

• • •

That week, Watari, Tsubaki, and Kousei had to return to school. Every single moment, they worried about Maika and how she was doing.

"You guys wanna visit her tonight?" Tsubaki asks the two boys as they eat at lunch.

"Yeah, you coming Watari?" Kousei questions him.

Watari's attention is fixed on his phone as he stares intently at the screen, reading something.

"Watari?" Tsubaki calls out to him.

"Hm? What?" Watari asks.

"Are you gonna go to the hospital with us after school?" Tsubaki repeats herself.

"Oh, yeah, of course..." Watari answers.

"What were you looking at?" Kousei asks.

"It's nothing..." Watari responds and turns off his phone, slipping it into his pocket.

The bell rings, signaling for students to be in class. Third year students prepare for gym in the locker rooms, but one stays in the hallway to get away from the crowd.

"Please answer Maika..." Kioshi taps his foot anxiously as he listens to the phone ring.

"Akiyama Maika is not available at the momen-"

"Shoot," Kioshi mutters under his breath as he shoves his phone into his pocket.

He sighs and walks to the locker room so he won't be late for class, just as he bumps into another student, making him drop the object in the other person's hands. "Sorry," Kioshi apologizes and picks up the fallen phone.

On the phone screen, it reads, How Can Myasthenia Gravis be Treated?

Kioshi looks at the person who appears to be Watari as he give him the phone. "Thanks,"

"Looking for ways to help Maika?" Kioshi questions.

"Of course, I just want her to be healthy..." Watari replies.

"There's not a cure. I've read about it, treatment can be given, surgery can occur, medications can be prescribed, but there's no cure." Kioshi explains.

"I know... I just can't loose her after Kaori..."

"Do you love Maika?"

Watari nods. "I do. But I don't want her to suffer."

"No one does, but we'll just have to wait."

"For what, a miracle? Those don't exist anymore."

"You haven't seen one, that's why. Just be patient and pray for her."

♪ ♪ ♪

It's finally summer vacation!! I got out last week but I didn't write lol and Blackpink's new song and dance came out so I'm speed writing this to learn it

Rachel✍️