047

Maika

Days later, I'm discharged from the hospital. Everyday that I was in the hospital, Watari came to visit me, along with Tsubaki, Kaori, Kousei, and Kashiwagi. When I come back to school the next day, my classmates give me cards and flowers, telling me to rest and stay healthy. Little do they know I am resting, I just have a disease...

After class ends, Kaori comes up to me. "Maika.."

"Hey Kaori, you okay?" I inquire. She's​ frowning and her eyes seem dull.

"I need to talk to you, privately. Can you meet me on the rooftop?" She asks.

"Yeah of course," I say and put my notebooks and folders away.

"Okay, thank you," She walks away and runs down the hallway.

When I enter the hallway to go to the roof, someone calls me out and I stop walking. "Maika!" I turn and see Kioshi running down the hallway through the crowd. "How are you? I heard you were in the hospital and I-"

"I'm sorry Kioshi, I have to go. I'll see you later." I say and run off to the roof.

When I make it up to the rooftop, I see Kaori next to the gate on the opposite side of the roof. Once I reach her, she turns around to face me.

"Hey Maika, you came quickly." She greets.

"Yeah, what'd you need to talk about?"

She turns back to the gate and stares off into the distance. "The surgery? I'm going through with it." She explains.

"What?!" I exclaim. "It's too dangerous, I'm even having second thoughts of it,"

"I want to do this, so I can play with him one last time. That's what I wish for, even if it is my last wish." She says. "This'll be the last day that I'm in school until the surgery."

"Kaori, please come back to us..." I pull her into a hug and she rubs the back of my head.

But there's no way that you can promise me that...

• • •

"Hey Maika, wanna go to the library for a bit?" Watari asks me once I come back into the school.

"The library? I didn't think you knew what that was," I tease.

"Of course I do!! I just never go there, but I need to study for school entrance exams so yeah."

We begin to walk to the school library and pick an empty table near a window, far away from the other students. "So what school are you thinking of going into?" Watari asks in the middle of studying.

"Hm.. Honestly, I don't know where I want to go..." I answer.

There's the Russian Ballet School in Italy that I already can go to.. but I can't. I have to stay here.

"With your grades, you could get into Ouran Academy." Watari comments.

"Ouran Academy? Yeah, I'm not that smart. And the tuition there is crazy high since snobby rich kids fill the campus so no."

"You never know, you should try."

"Ha ha, very funny.."

He continues to study and frowns in determination to get the right answers. "What about you?" I question him.

"I don't know. Just some local highschool. A sports school would be cool but there's none in the area without moving and I don't want to do that."

"Well, whatever school you plan to go to, tell me. I want to try to go there so we can still attend the same school."

He glances into my eyes. "Really?"

"Even though we're neighbors, I want to still see you at school."

I'm giving him false hope.. I'm a terrible person...

♪ ♪ ♪

I just realized that I'm on the last couple episodes of this anime (like where I am for writing it) and I'm shook. I didn't think that I made this much progress but I did and I'm actually really proud of myself.

I just need to go back and edit like crazy because when I go back to chapters to remember what happened, I read it and it's disgusting like why did I make you guys read dirt :'(

Rachel✍