056

Maika

And so it happened. I began learning the cello and Kaori learned the violin. I felt bad since Kaori and I both dropped the piano (which our teacher was upset about) and left Kioshi alone in that class. He'll be fine though.

Since Kaori's parents will open their bakery, her mother suggested that we play on the day it finally opens to the public. 

"I'm not sure, I'm kinda nervous..." I admit to Kaori and her mom. We sit inside the almost finished renovated bakery, eating cannolis. 

"You're nervous? You're a dancer Maika, a well-rounded performer. You'll do great," Kaori's mom motivates me.

"It'll be fine Maika! We both know that you'll do great!" Kaori adds to encourage me.

"But what would we even play?"

"Something simple since we just started... Maybe "Twinkle Twinkle"? Everyone knows and loves that song," Kaori suggests. "And it's like us! We'll shine like stars when we play together!"

The day that the bakery opens, a fair amount of people come into the bakery. The costumers sit and start eating, but I stay in the kitchen nervous and jittery. Kaori walks into the kitchen with her Violin in hand.

"You still nervous?" She questions me and I nod. "Here," She takes off her bracelet and puts it around my wrist. The accessory is a singular gold band, connected by a treble clef. "I wear it when I perform. It's​ like a charm, makes me relax. You can keep it now."

"Really?" She nods. "Thank you Kaori..."

Her mom comes back to the kitchen and smiles at both of us. "It's time!"

We both nod and bring our instruments out into the public. Some customers are confused and others sit as they expect to hear music from us.

"Elohim Essaim, Elohim Essaim. Most humbly I implore you," Kaori whispers.

We both get into playing position, breathe in together to start and begin playing. Our instruments harmonize together and the music resonates in the small bakery. Kaori created a variation on the classic song and the audience becomes stunned by our playing, especially since we're so young.

Once our performance concludes, the customers applaud, smiling and joyfulness fill the room.

"I knew you could do it, you're such a brave person Maika. Don't forget that."

♪ ♪ ♪

I am so tired and I feel like I haven't been on this account for so long because I've been on my kpop account for like this whole week.

Honestly, idek how I got this far into this book and I can't believe that it'll be ending soon... Scratch that, I might not update much so not soon but this year it'll end.

Rachel✍