Remember Me

Amber
Insert memory

My face is sweaty, and so are my palms.
"Are you comfy in there Amber?" he asks the question as if I have a choice inside of the white padded room with a big view of me for all them. Perhaps it is because I always escaped. The girl who helped me out the first time mysteriously died. I don't believe them.

"Why would I not be comfy?" I asked him back. It was my of humor. My way of picking at his dull genius. "Well" he straightened his collar underneath the nurse gown. "You are going to be here a long time." John says, but he is sad, and mistaken. By now he could see my Indian features even as a black girl, I am use to nice things, white girl respect, and a seat for exotic foods and really life.

"What makes you say that?" John is annoyed, "you gotdamn piece of shit. Have some respect when you see me."
John had done it. I remember the day well. He gave in, and snapped. A doctor named Helen came in and relieved him.

It was then that I knew he had no real say so. Rights could not be abused here.

"Are you okay? Mrs. Amber, I'm sorry."

She said, "the damage has already been done." I stated as if she knew what I was referring to. Shockingly she asked, "what do you mean?" bingo. That was key.

"Away from home, my man, fans, and family." she nodded her head. Beautiful actually if I took a second look. I didn't.

Empty inside. That was current. An echo.

"I'm very sorry we took you in so abrubtly, you needed help." she says.

"What kind of help is locking me away?"

But, she only has a systematic approach not that I can't talk to these types of people, except I don't like to at all.

"You have done a lot while in California."

She reminds me of things I both remember, and don't. How did I get to California from the fuckin country? Away from here, a sensor beeps. I turn around to see what it is, "don't worry."

Helen said, as it wouldn't make me any less cautious. Still looking in the direction of the sound. It is a monitor.

"Are you recording me now?" Suddenly pissed off, and I let it be known. Seconds after seconds go by and she is a rock.

"Answer me!" I yell to wake up her all of a sudden dead nature. "Yes, it is important that we get your wave patterns." she stops talking. Helen was about to tell me something important but didn't. Strange.

All of it is strange. The mere thought I created another life. A moment of memory loss too. Unsettling. Alone.

"Amber, Amber, Amber, just keep calm."

Helen had not lost the innocence she came in the room with. Still I hated her. Right now I saw only my fans. Who would soon wonder where I am. Right?

"How long will I be here?" was my next question. Sitting inside a secret asylum dressed to kill. Helen is not trustworthy.

"Everything will be fine." is all I can remember before seeing the room fill up with a smoke like gas. Ev-er-y-thing will be fine. I hear it now twice in slow mo.