......

"The infamous Ripper of Monterey" Anna said trying to get the attention of her former love. Stefan was to busy feeding of a young girl to notice the older vampire judging him from above.

"What's it to you" Stefan slurred the blood pouring out from his mouth as he turned around.  When he saw Anna a glistern of emotion was shown in his eyes.

"Stefan" Anna said greeting him she sat down on the opposite side of the booth.

"Annie" he said shocked at his friend, his emotions were slowly starting to show. "You left!"

"Not exactly, I was ran out of town by Katherine, not my finest courageous moment"  Anna replied . Stefan smiled at his old friends witty remark.

The two then sat together talking about their life over the last deacdes and what had happened back in 1864. Anna had kept wondering, had Stefan turned his humanity on?

"What are you doing sitting here love." A blonde girl said her bright red lips contrasting against her pale white skin.

"Rebekah" Stefan said, Rebekah smiled and the two shared an intimate kiss leaving Anna sitting awkwardly  in front of them

"I do not know why you are talking to my boyfriend, but you need to leave. You do not want to irritate me" Rebekah said hissing at Anna and baring her fangs, in hope to scare her. Anna then knew this was not the time to agitate an original. Anna stood up leaving the two lovers to court privately when Stefan reached for her hand.

"When will I see you again?" He said smiling

"We will keep in touch Stefan, fate will make sure of that" Anna replied smiling as she walked away she bumped into a man and a vision appeared in her head

'"Please Niklaus, I have a child" A women said struggling to breath and the man was covered in blood held her above the floor by the throat.

"I can't have you telling anyone love" He replied an evil smirk appearing on his face. A sudden Snap could be heard which echoed in Anna's head.

Anna looked around the room when a hand touched her shoulder, she instantly shot around ready to attack but her murderous self defence stopped when she saw her best friend who was dressed in a red flapper girl dress and looked rather glum.

"He's here" Was the only words that came out of Valentina's mouth that sent a shiver down both the girls spins. They knew what they had to do, they had to run.

......

Mystic Falls 2011

"Damon I'm really not interested in meeting any of the whiny dopplegangers friends" Anna huffed as Damon walked towards the site a hundred was once killed.

"Will you just shut up!" Damon said huffing as he walked into the falling apart house. As soon as they walked in both vampires felt a familiar pain in their heads like 1000 headaches at once. Damon feel down in pain but being an original vampire allowed Anna to heal quicker. Bonnie came out of the shadows and instantly stopped the pain on the two vampires.

"Well look at you witchy" Anna replied pushing past the witch without any acknowledgement of gratiude. As Anna walked further into the creepy house she saw four dusty old coffins in the middle of the room. What had Stefan got himself into? Anna thought to herself but soon her questions would be answered as Bonnie and Damon also wandered into the room.

"Why are witches such bitches" Damon insulted his hand holding his head as the pain finally healed.

"Maybe the just don't like you, I know the feeling" Anna replied smiling. She then noticed something moving in the shadows, a dark figure walking ominously towards the two vampires and a witch. "Stefan" Anna said her voice soften at the sight of her long lost friend.

"Annie" Stefan said, once again like in the 20s his humanity showing. Both vampires ran towards each other and exchanged a bone breaking hug.

"Now are you going to tell me what the bloody hell you've got yourself into with an immortal physco" Anna said lightening the mood, Stefan smiled but tried continuing on his no-humanity expression.

Bonnie then excused herself so that her and Elena could go look for Bonnie's mum to get information on Klaus's looked coffin. Damon also went off with the Bennet witch so he could also help the search for Abby Bennet-Wilson. That left the two old friends to have a normal , kind of, conversation.

"You know Stefan, you have to give those coffins back

"You know Stefan, you have to give those coffins back. If you don't Klaus will kill you. I now you still love Elena and care about her, Klaus will use her against you to get your family back, you don't want that do you?" Anna said one hand in Stefan's hand and the other rested against his cheek.

"You don't get it Annie , Klaus took everything from me I need to get revenge from him" Stefan replied taking Anna's hand of his cheek and standing up to walk away.

"Don't stoop to his level Stefan, you know I don't care if you want to turn your humanity off but when it involves getting in the original hybrid's bad books, I do. Stefan your my best friend, I don't want you to die" Anna said a lone tear falling down her face at the thought of losing her best friend.

"I've got to go and make sure Elena and Bonnie are getting Abby to help" Stefan replied turning his back from Anna.

"Dopplebitch said her and Bonnie need to of this themselves, give them that. We have more important matters to attend to!" Anna said indicating to the five coffins. Stefan then vamp speed towards his best friend and mutter a quiet 'sorry' before a snap could be heard and Anna's lifeless body fell to the floor.

A/N The timeline is bit different to The vampire Dairies season 3, but most of it is the same. Hope you are liking this fan fiction so far.