- he's a bastard -

Flashback 11th century 

"See reason I beg!" Valentina pleaded grabbing onto Mikael's jacket trying and failing to keep him inside the hut that they resided in. "My family cannot know we are here, they will condemn me, banish me. I plead you sir" Valentina cried tears in her eyes at the thought of her family discovering that she was in fact not dead, as she had planned, but had given herself away to Mikael. She knew her family, even if done with the purest and martyr like intentions, would never forgive her. 

"this is my problem, because

"this is my problem, because..." Mikael questioned with an almost board tone of voice grabbing the witch by her wrists and pulling her away from his jacket his vampire strength no match for the young witch, no matter how hard she pushed and pulled. 

"I beg you, I beg you" Valentina continued to cry, tears streaming down her face. "I cannot lose my magical connection to my family, once they cut ties I cannot" Valentina pleaded barely making sense to Mikael's ear. 

"What are you saying about magic girl" Mikael boomed, grasping Valentina by the wrists and holding her away from his face with great strength, digging into her wrists making bruises. 

"My magic, its connected to my blood and the ones that came before us. Once you disappoint the coven they burn your magic, sever the connection you have, tormenting you for the end of days. Visions, manipulations, nightmares driving you to commit grave sins until you eventually seek the only peace possible, your death" Valentina spoke her eyes wide and shocked as fear overtook her body in the face on Mikaels seething deemer.

"Then I suppose you are no use to me, are you girl" Mikael seethed. Valentina could barely protest before mikael vamp sped his hands around her head and SNAP.

....

Anna turned around, vegetables and herbs in a woven basket on her arm as she turned into the hut her braid half falling apart. She suddenly dropped the basket all the vegetables falling to the floor as she rushed over to her friend her dress falling around her knees as she held the witch, someone she had began to call a friend's, head in her lap her lips trembling. She would not cry, she would not allow Mikael the satisfaction that his merciless actions had any affect on her. 

She silently prayed, to any God mumbling pleads under her breath. Her mind was interrupted by a sharp intake on breath, it took her a moment to realise where from but when she looked down she saw Valentina's deep b reaching and her eyes wide in shock. 

"It worked, It worked" Valentina stuttered out in shock at herself. She had placed a spell on herself one she barely thought would work, but she surprised herself. She grabbed her arm looking at her wrist where a black line marked her death. How many marks would grace her wrist she didn't know, each time she awoke was another gift, another chance. 

"You are magnificent Valentina, truly magnificent" Anna smiled and laughed grateful her friend was alive. 

...