- I submit to you -

1280s, Europe

Valentina and Elliot were transported to what appeared as the 13th century. Vee remembered this time period, herself and Annie had been on the run from Mikael for almost one hundred years after escaping from his clutch for the very first time. But words among the villagers was that the beast f the night was soon approaching, everyone was scared even the 200year old original and witch. Vee and Elliot were in watching as the many villagers ran into their huts, snuffling the torches out with them as they went and hid watching the night sky fall.

"Do I dare ask when we are?" Elliot whispered to his girlfriend who simply sighed, looking up at Elliot softly.

"The day I vowed to give my life to Annie" Valentina spoke softly taking a deep breath as she spoke to level her voice.

Anna Mikaelson and Valentina Demere ran through the streets, Anna's hand in her friends as she pulled her dashing between the crowds of people with a determined look on her face.

"Anna, why on earth are you dragging me to the ends of the earth?" Valentina questioned following along with the original vampire.

"Valentina, if you would like to stay in this godforsaken village and wait for my grandfather to end your life, be my guest....But in the last 100 years we have managed to escape him by the skin of our teeth, I have no intention of going back to him and living under his torture for another century." Anna growled out the tension clear in the tightness of her jaw.

"I can protect us, we've been happy here for years. We have friends here, a coven, somewhere to belong. Do you not wish to belong somewhere" Valentina spoke pulling Anna back and looking at the original confused. Anna signed running her hands through her hair looking wide eyed at her friends outburst.

"I do not get the privilege of belonging Valentina, I live on the run because of the sins of my family that my grandfather sees fit is my penance to pay

"I do not get the privilege of belonging Valentina, I live on the run because of the sins of my family that my grandfather sees fit is my penance to pay. The universe cursed me to this existence, I'd be a fool to argue against the universe."

"You do not have to be so self-cyncial." Valentina argued back.

"Look around, listen." Annie argued back raising her voice. "Due to this cursed existence I can hear that five miles east Mikael is currently ripping out people's throats, burning villages down to get to us. It is only a matter of minutes until he is in this village, doing it to our friends and us!" Anna spoke frantically pointing around, the screams of people and squelch of blood filling her ears through vampire hearing.

"How will he know we are here"

"Mikael has accomplices everywhere, we cannot trust anyone and we cannot look back. We have just got to run. Mikael doesn't care how many innocents lives he has to take as long as the end goal is you dead and me in his clutches once again. Lets go" Anna screamed, holding onto the witches wrist tightly and beginning to pull her away. Valentina's eyes flashed with anger as she channeled her magic. "Shit" Anna cursed clutching her hand as it began to burn from the witches spell.