- Puppy Love -

Zacznij od początku

"What do I always say darling, live in the moment" Kol said reassuring the girl before flooding her with kisses and lifting her up on his waist, carrying her deeper into the cave.

..............

"Do you ever ponder what the future will look like" Zayla said her head rested in the crook of Kol's neck, as his arm was protectively wrapped around her. They both lay looking up into the bright blue sky the grass acting as a blanket underneath them. "I believe it will be full of happiness and hope, a magnificent world full of breathtaking creations" Zayla continued to mutter fantasising about the world thousands of years in the future.

"I doubt the sky will be oozing happiness" Kol said glumly.

"Why ever not, in a world were there is love there is bound to be happiness. The two go hand in hand" Zayla said disagreeing with the young Mikaelson, she was not sitting up on the grass her shell pink cotton dress leaving a crease in the grass from where she lay.

 The two go hand in hand" Zayla said disagreeing with the young Mikaelson, she was not sitting up on the grass her shell pink cotton dress leaving a crease in the grass from where she lay

"Forever the optimist sweet Zayla" Kol replied smiling, they two found themselves in an embrace caressing each others hair when a scream was heard from the village centre.

The two lovers ran off, Kol's hand gripped tight to Zayla's as they investigated the noise. When they entered the clearing from the woods the two saw Niklaus, Kol's brother carrying a lifeless body in his arms. A cry could be heard from Kol's sister Rebekah but all was blurred for Kol as all he could focus on was his youngest brother limp body. Zayla placed her hand on his shoulder supportively tears in her own eyes from witnessing such a scene. Kol mutter something under his breath that was undetectable from Zayla but Kol took his lovers hand of his shoulder sadly

"I should...I should leave" He stuttered walking over to were his family lay crumbled from the death of the youngest. His mother was pleading with a witch but everyone knew, Henrick was gone.

..........

"My sweet child, what have you got yourself into" The well-known witch in the village said to Zayla who was rummaging around Ayana's collection of herbs and spices.

"I need a cure....we shouldn't have done it.....what ever am I going to do" The young girl said tears falling from her face. Ayana saw the distraught girl and pulled her into a maternal-like hug. Although Zayla was not her child, she saw a young girl in need of a mother's touch.

"My dear what ever is the matter" Ayana said in a hushed voice to the girl. In response Zayla sobbed and gently placed her hand above her stomach.

"Your with child?" The witch answered, already knowing the answer as she was an intelligent witch who had the power to detect such things. Zayla continued to cry in Ayana neck, tears being soaked up by the Medieval age style clothing.

.................(9 Months later)

"One more push Zayla" Ayana said supporting the young mother through child birth. Zayla for the most part of nine months had kept hidden from gossiping eyes in the village but that didn't stop the gossip from entering her. Nine months had seemed like such a long time especially since it had been the time that Ester Mikaelson had betrayed the ancestors by turning her children into monsters, included Zayla's lover Kol. Whispers and gossip about the Mikaelsons had spread: how they had faces like monsters, and killed like beasts, they were abominations of nature. Through the pain of Zayla's pregnancy she couldn't help but think about her young love that gave her this gift and what kind of future they could of had.

"I can't" The young girl stuttered her teeth gritted through the pain, sweat pouring down her face, Zayla knew she had to continue and with many of Ayana's girls beside her helping her she knew that her child will soon be born. It was not only Zayla's screams that could be heard that night, tonight was a full moon in fact. Zayla and the girls could hear a man's beastly growl and screams echoing through the hovels walls.

"It's a girl" Ayana finally said swaddling the baby girl in a cloth and bringing her over to the new mother

"It's a girl" Ayana finally said swaddling the baby girl in a cloth and bringing her over to the new mother. Zayla looked down at her daughters soft button nose and perched lips and both mother and daughter interlocked hands.

..............

Dear My sweet Ilianna

I write this in a rushed manner, I do not know when he will come but I know that I can not find peace till the truth is revealed.

I had intended to keep your father's identity a secret, however this is no longer possible. Soon enough you will be asking questions on who you are and who your parents are, that is why I write this letter, so that in time you will have the answers you seek.

Your father was a man full of life when I knew him, a glowing mischvious ember. But that light was snuffed out before you were born. Not to his, nor I or your fault but nethertheless your father turned into a monster, a monster unable to be your father. Maybe in time he will return and you will get  chance to meet him but I advise you to not seek anymore answers unless they come to you. You father is not the man he once was when he was human. However, I promised a name and a name I will give.....Kol Mikaelson was your father.

I hope you can find it in your heart to forgive me for intending to keep this secret, and I hope you know that I love you and would have been proud of you no matter who you turned out to be.

You should not hold blame for my death sweet Ilianna because I know that the man that killed me believed he had no choice. I am just thankfully that I got to give birth to such a beautiful girl and had the opportunity of love in such little time on this earth.

I love you my sweet Anna, remember that always and forever

Love

your mother, Zayla xxx

A/N What did you think of the first part, I know the timing is not perfect but lets just say the Mikaelson's stayed in Mystic Falls for a while after Henrik's death. I would really appreciate the feedback so please comment and vote any constructive criticism.