Chapter Thirty ~ I'll Never Let You Steal My- Heart?

Blade's POV

I run my fingers through my newly dyed bangs. I decided to step away from neon blue and went for a blue-black. I wanted to re-dye my hair but neon colors or unnatural colors would make me stand out even more than I have been lately. So I decided to dye my hair black, which I've surprisingly never done before.

"Lezzgo." Andy says from the bathroom door. I look to him from my reflection in the mirror. "Alright." I pick up my bag from the toilet seat and walk out with Andy.

"Ugh, I forgot to do my math homework!" I groan as I near the door. Recently I've been forgetting things more than usual. It's gotten bad, especially when it comes to homework. Because I have so little math homework that's the subject I forget the most. Yeah, don't upset your math teachers.

"Just do it in the car. You should have done it yesterday anyway." Andy says. I roll my eyes when he wasn't looking. Parents always do that. "I forgot. People forget. It makes us human. Didn't you ever forget about your homework?" I ask.

"No comment." Andy replies. I give him a "ha" look before getting into the car with him.

******

"Hey Kitty Girl!" Roxie greets. I notice a small bit of pink in her dark hair. "Hey. You went for pink?" I ask in disbelief. I thought she'd go back to blue.

"Yeah. It's just chalk though." Roxie says. "Oh, also also also! There's a rumor going around saying someone likes you." Roxie winks at me while smiling.

"Bullshi-" I close my mouth tightly and smile innocently as a teacher walks by. "You're lying." I finally say.

"No I'm not. It's David, by the way." Roxie starts walking towards her homeroom. I walk with her.

"You're not lying are you?" I ask skeptically. Roxie shakes her head. "Alright... I'll talk to him at lunch." I decide. I separate myself from Roxie and head to my homeroom.

******

I feel my heart race as I slowly walk to our friends, my eyes mainly on David. I had been late to lunch so everyone had sat down. I knew their conversation had to be about me, because when I got closer they stopped talking and looked at me.

"Hey guys. My locker was jammed and would not open for the world, so I ended up banging on the door until a teacher came by and took pity on me and unlocked it." I explain when I sit down. The only seat left is beside Brooklyn at the end, right in front of David.

"Hey Blade, I think David has to tell you something." Cheyenne said teasingly. David gives her a look saying something similar to "shut up!" before looking down at his lunch tray.

"If you don't do it I'll do it for you." Tyler says.

"No, no you will not." David said quickly. I smiled slightly. It was a little funny that he thinks I hadn't caught on, or that someone hasn't told me.

"Hey Blade, David wants-" David reaches across the table and covers Brook's mouth. This caused our faces to be somewhat close together. I felt my face heat up a bit and I scooted back as much as I could without falling off the bench.

"Um, Blade... I was sort of wondering if you'd like to go to the Halloween Bash with me?" David says the last part really quickly. I understand, though.

I wasn't sure how to answer, and all my friends looking at me wasn't helping my increasing heart beat. "Like friend-wise, or date-wise?" I ask.

"Date-wise. Unless you want it to be fried-wise." David adds the last part quickly, like when he asked me if I wanted to go. He's obviously nervous, and I really don't want to say no to him... Plus, I don't have anyone to go with, so...

"Yes, I'll go with you." I answer. David smiles and leans back, taking his hand away from Brook's mouth. Brook dramatically inhales, acting as if she had suffocating.

"Speaking of the Bash, does anyone else have dates?" I ask, trying to get the attention on someone else.

"Me." Cheyenne answers. "Blaine Gibson asked me." Cheyenne glances over to a seat with a bunch of boys sitting at it. All of them played some form of sport, like nearly every male (and females) in this school.

"The one with dark brown hair and eyes." Cheyenne tells me. A lot of them have brown hair, but the only one I can see with brown eyes is a, I'll say dapper, boy in the middle.

"I'm going with Ryan." Brook tells me. I already know who Ryan is; he's in my homeroom class and math class. He's a freakishly tall, freakishly thin boy, with a freakishly deep voice, and bleach blonde hair so light it looks like it was dyed that way. I think he's in BETA or something.

"Why Ryan?" Roxie asks. "I thought you were going with Charles?"

"Charles is going with my cousin, so I decided to go with Ryan. He was second on my list, kinda like a backup plan." Brook says.

"What about you two?" I ask Roxie and Tyler.

"Not going with anyone. If anything we're going with each other as friends. Besides, we'll be third wheeling all of your dates." Tyler said the last part mischievously.

"It won't be third-wheeling if we're all going to be hanging with each other." David deadpans.

"It might be when you're dancing." Roxie takes a bite of her mashed potatoes. I don't see how she can eat them.

Instead of adding more to the conversation I decide to start eating. I was hungry and really tired, and talking was only making my mouth dry. So, for the rest of lunch, I mainly just listened, every now and then glancing up at David.

******

I tapped my phone with my growing nails, not really sure what to say. Juliet had just picked me up and our conversation didn't really go past a "how was your day?" I wonder what she'll say when I tell her about the Bash...

"Guess what happened today." I decide to start with that.

"The plague is spreading around your school?" I give Juliet a "wtf" look.

"What-- no. David asked me to go to the Halloween Bash with him." I say.

"Ooh, is this David cute?" Juliet asks.

"A little." I answer, smiling. "But it probably won't go any further. We were already friends before this, so that's all I'm seeing him as right now." I unlock my phone and start to text David.

To Gayvid: What R U bein 4 the Halloween Bash??

"I'm going as Jeff The Killer." I tell Juliet. "Roxie suggested it. I'm pretty sure she's gonna be Pedro, and Brooklyn is getting one of those inflatable dinosaur costumes. Everyone else in not sure about."

"Sounds like it'll be a fun party." What Juliet says sounds like the ending of a conversation. I decide not to continue it. What else could I add, other than who's going with who? I check my phone and see David has texted me back.

From David: Secret

To David: Pleeease???????????

It only takes a second for him to reply.

From David: Nope ;P

I wonder what he's dressing as...

******

A/N: I'm sorry if this update is bad... I haven't been able to update in WEEKS. I'll have to go back and do some major editing to this, but for now, accept it for what it is.

A rare and mystical update.

((The explanation for the chapter title is I was listening to Coffin and I couldn't think of anything else, so... That's what came up.))