Chapter Twenty Five - A True Friend

Blade's POV

I grabbed my messenger bag and walk out to the car with my earbuds in. I kept the music blasting loudly so I couldn't hear anyone talking to me.

Ever since Saturday I was quiet. I only left my room a few times.  Twice to get something to eat and maybe six times to use the bathroom. Now I had to go back to school. I planned on being quiet then too. Unlike the other school days I'm bringing my blue notebook. I've written it a lot the past three days. I'm sure anyone could guess why.

Juliet got in the car. I ignored her, looking out they window. I just enjoyed listening to my music. Well, as much as I could. I desperately needed to listen to Black Veil Brides but I refused to. I skip their songs when they come on. I've also skipped Andy Black and Juliet Simms songs. It made me feel sick.

Almost to the school I felt one of my earbuds being ripped out of my ears. "Quit it." I snapped, snatching my earbud which was now dangling. Juliet gave me a look telling me she was definitely not happy with what I just said.

"You can't ignore us forever. You especially can't say whatever you want to me just because Andy and I were worried about you. You're acting childish. Blade, you need to understand we were helping you, or at least attempting." Juliet says sternly. I feel my eyes start to water but I push it back. She's right. I have no reason or right to cry. As much as I want to talk back with something, probably yell at her, I don't.

"Sorry." I mumble, looking out the window. I see we're outside the school now. I quickly get out before she can get another word in. I run up to the entrance and speed walk to the nearest bathroom.

"Hey Bla- What's wrong?" I hear Roxie call. I ignore her and walk into the nearest girl's bathroom. I choose the farthest stall from the door, passing some preppy girls on the way.

I slam the door close and sit in the corner farthest away from the stall door. I stay there, trying to calm myself. It wasn't working.

"Blade? You in here?" I hear Roxie once again. I try to be quiet, hoping she'd leave. Instead she looked under the stall. She smiled when she saw me. She crawled under the door, probably getting a few weird looks from girls outside.

"What are you doing?" I ask quietly. "I came to see what's wrong. Real friends don't let a stall door stand in the way!" She said. I'm guessing she's trying to cheer me up... It was working a bit. "Now, that aside, talk to me." Roxie sat beside me cross legged, giving me an expectant look.

"It's personal." I answer simply. Roxie let out a sigh. "I understand. Lemme text everyone and tell them I'll be with you until class." She says, getting her phone from her backpack. I see her typing before she puts it away.

We sit in silence until the warning bell rings, letting everyone know there was only 5 minutes until class. I look to Roxie. "Thanks for coming after me and staying and stuff." I say awkwardly, standing up. I hear and definitely feel my pelvic area pop. Ow...

"Anytime. I'll see ya in science." Roxie opens the door and we walk out. I head to my homeroom class while she heads to hers. I smile as I sort of wave to her. It's nice to know you have a true friend.

******

I sat at lunch with everyone, talking quietly with Brook. Well, she was more so talking to me. "I didn't even hit him that hard! Besides, he had it coming!" She ranted. I give her a crazy look. "You gave him a black eye!" I said loudly.

I was enjoying lunch, but I noticed David kept glancing over at me. Whenever I caught him he'd quickly look away. I was growing suspicious but ignored it.

The bell soon rings, making us all groan loudly. I stand up and pick up my tray. "See ya guys later." I go to the trashcan, dump the leftover food in the bin, then stack up the tray on the rack beside it. I leave the lunchroom and quickly go for my locker to get my bag.

When I got to my locker I saw three familiar faces; The Rachels. I feel myself getting nervous. I really hate new people. Despite this, I need to get to class. Coming in late would only draw even more attention than walking in on time.

"You're the new girl, huh?" The blonde one asks. Over time I had figured out all their names. Blonde Rachel; Rachel Court. Brunette Rachel; Rachel Porter. Platinum Dye Rachel; Rachel White.

I nod in reply to Rachel Court's question. "Kinda weird lookin'. Even more than that one girl... What's her name? Whatever. Point is, you're weird." Rachel Porter says. She's obviously the "dumb" one.

"I need to get to my locker." I say quietly. Court rolls her eyes at me, while Rachel White moves off from leaning on my locker. She seems nice... For someone who has no problem bitching about people behind their back's. I go to my locker, open it, then grab my bag. Just as I'm about to close it Porter grabs the door and swings it all the way open.

"Ooh, boyfriend? He's hot." Porter was looking at a picture I had taken with my friends from the orphanage. She was looking at Owen, a weird glint in her eyes. Ew.

"Friend." I mumble. Suddenly my locker is slammed shut, narrowly missing Porter's fingers. I look over and see Brook. "Get out of here chicks. You've seen what I can do to your type." She said, eyeing Rachel White.

"Whatever." Blonde Rachel whips her hair and walks away, her posse following. "You okay?" Brook asks once they've left. I nod. "Yeah... Why aren't you going to class?" I ask. Brook smirks. "Went to gym early to fake being sick. I'm spending all of class in the bathroom. You game?" Brook makes it sound enticing, and it does, but like I said. I don't want trouble. Trouble means attention.

"Nah. Thanks though. Also, thanks for having my back." I smile at her before heading to social studies. It's nice to know you have people who have your back.

A/N: Duuuuuuude, Tyler Hagen's voice is amazing ^~^ Especially with Shannon's!... *gets reminded of break up* *cries again*