Chapter Six - Screaming

A/N: Anywho, I have screaming fever so why not a chapter for the occasion??

Blade's POV

"And in a flash came the flood! That washed over my eyes! Now I could see inside the room of the blind! I lost myself inside! And as I fell into the black I left my past to die-"

"Tonight we'll sail to the edge of the world, and watch the stars fall down. You'll put your head in my arms as we wonder, 'is there anything we could have done!"

I let the music interrupt my attempt at screaming. I wanted to practice, but I felt a sudden strain on my throat. All of the whisper screaming was honestly giving my throat a sore like feeling.

I decided to take up screaming for fun. I searched up a lot of stuff online and watched a few videos. I decided to start off with whispering, then slowly to a mumble, then normal voice, then maybe a louder scream in the future. It'll take a long time though. My voice is right in the middle where I can't sing high or low, and it strains my throat to sing, or scream, out of my vocal range.

I begin to sigh but immediately stop myself, feeling the back of my tongue hit the back of my throat, making me choke. "Ugh, I need a glass of water." I walk out of my room and head to the kitchen. I open the refrigerator and get a slightly chilled water bottle. When I close the door I jump, CC standing where the door was hiding him.

"You as-" I yell instinctively but stop when I remember the "no swearing" rule.

"Sorry, I was bored and thought 'hey, there's Blade! Let's scare her!'" CC apologized. Well, fake apologized. I went to the living room, him following. I sat on the couch and grabbed the remote, CC sitting beside me.

"What do ya wanna wa- never mind!" I forget asking CC what he wanted to watch when I saw Stalker Club was on. I clicked on LMN, seeing the show had just begun.

"Stalker Club? What's that?" CC asks.

"A teenager gets a text, saying something about Stalker Club. She tells her friends and find out they got it too. Soon they were sent the links to the rules. When they play it's just fun at first, until people start getting hurt.  Surprisingly-" I stopped as I felt my throat start hurting again. I groaned slightly and drank from my water bottle, then grabbed the box of Ice Breakers I had in my pocket, popping two in my mouth.

"You okay?" CC asks. I nod.

"Yeah. I'm trying to teach myself to scream, and I started with whisper screaming. I accidentally strained my throat. I'll take a day off of the practice to make sure I don't strain it even worse next time." I say.

"You know, Andy is amazing at screaming. Ever tried getting advice from him? He'd be happy to help." CC said. I shook my head. I had thought of that, but I didn't want him to know. I know Andy would eventually try to get me to try screaming in front of him, but I was too shy to. I went past stage fright when it came to preforming or doing anything really in front of someone.

"Okay then." CC shrugged, looking back at the TV. By now the blonde girl I never remembered the name of had gotten the text.

'I would so join on of these. Hey, maybe this Halloween?'

Thinking of Halloween made me think of fall. I loved fall. I always had a weird, safe, familiar feeling during the time, and just thinking of it. It also reminded me of school. I hated school, but I was okay. Mostly Bs and Cs, every now and then As. It was more so the socializing and boredom. I hated doing the boring work, and the social part scared me. Even if I wasn't socializing I was still on edge.

I tried to focus on the TV. I did through most of the movie, averting my eyes only when Jake and Juliet joined us, but every now and then my thoughts would wander. To school, to scenarios that were mostly random, and the present. I was one to think a lot, which wasn't bad when it came to education or when I'm in a bad situation, but it wasn't good when I was alone. It was best to distract myself, which was what I was hoping to do...

******

A/N: this was short, I'm sorry ._. A filler if you will