Chapter Nineteen - The Letter

Blade's POV

"Blade! You have mail!" Jeremy yells from the living room. I get up from my bed and race downstairs, eager to see what it is.

"Who mails me? Haven't they heard of texting?" I ask. Jeremy hands me the envelope. I look at the return address. My eyes widen. This is from the school I'm going to!

"Uh, Juliet, I just got a letter from the school." I say, sitting next to her. I slip my thumb under the corner of the flap and drag it, ripping the flap. I pick up the three pieces of paper. One is a list, the other a schedule, while another is a letter. I read it in my head before reading it aloud.

Dear Student,

You will be assigned to my class as homeroom. I know the time off of school was fun, but it's time for school to start back! I hope you didn't forget the rules and expectations over the summer! But don't worry if you did, we'll go over them in the first week so we know everyone remembers.

I have given you a schedule of your class and a list of things you might need. I look forward to having you in my class!

Sincerely,

Carla Simpsons

Open House - Thursday, August 3rd, 2017
First Day Of School - Tuesday, August 15, 2017

********

Dear New Students,

On the first day you will go to the gym instead of your homeroom. When you go through the doors a teacher will give you directions to the gym, and you will be told where it is and see where it is at Open House. There the vice principal, Mrs. Curry, and I will explain a few things to you.

For the first week of school all your teachers will go over the rules with you and your class, including dress code. I hope you enjoy your time at our school!

Sincerely,

Mr. Holland

After reading that aloud to Juliet I went on to my schedule and supply list. It didn't look too complicated.

"When will we get everything?" I ask Juliet.

"Probably the day after tomorrow." Juliet decides.

"Okay."

******

Andy helps me navigate around the WalMart, helping me find everything I need. "Why do I need this much stuff?" I ask as I go over the list.

"I don't know, honestly. You needed binders, right?" Andy asks.

"Yeah. Two three inch binders." I say, picking out a blue one and a white one.

We spend about 30 more minutes there, looking around for my supplies. I felt bad about how much it cost, but I kept telling myself that I couldn't control it.

As I pushed the cart to Andy's car, I couldn't help but walk with a little more confidence. I was both nervous and excited for the school year. I had no doubt that it'd be fun.

******

Andy, Juliet, and I walked into my new school. Today was open house, meaning I had to meet all my new teachers. My heart was beating at a normal speed, just a little harder.

"This won't take long, will it?" I ask nervously.

"It shouldn't." Andy replied. I stay in between Andy and Juliet, trying to somewhat shield myself from the people we're passing. A few others glance my way, but with hair like this, I should be expecting it.

My homeroom was at the end of the hall, in a corner. The door was open and I could see what I was guessing was my teacher, Mrs. Simpsons. She looked really pretty, with really short, blonde hair, and brown eyes that were really light. She was really young, and wore a ton of purple. I noticed there was a ton of purple in the classroom as well.

"Hello, I'm Mrs. Simpsons. Are you one of mine?" Mrs. Simpsons ask. I bite the inside of my lip and nod.

"She's a shy one isn't she?" Mrs. Simpsons said to herself.

"I'm Andy Biersack and this is my wife, Juliet. This here is Blade." Andy introduced me for me. I was very grateful. I'll have to thank him later.

"I like your name, Blade. I'm also excited for you to be in my room this year." Mrs. Simpsons was a very nice person. Nice people are sometimes walked all over. I hope no one walks all over her.

I stand on my toes and pull Andy down a bit. "My anxiety." I whisper to him.

"Oh, yes. Blade here has an anxiety problem and we wanted you to be aware of it." Andy said. Carla frowned.

"Oh, I'm sorry for that. My sister used to have awful anxiety so I can see where you're coming from. Don't you worry, though. I'll take good care of her." Mrs. Simpsons reassured Andy and Juliet.

"That's reassuring." Juliet said.

"Well, I think that's all. Let me go get the papers you must fill out." Mrs. Simpsons walked over to her desk and got a big envelope with my name written on it.

"Just fill these out and have them turned in at least by September." Mrs. Simpsons ordered. "Any questions?"

"Nope, I think we're alright." Juliet said.

"Alright. Have a good day!" Mrs. Simpsons smiled warmly.

"You too." Andy turned around and I started to follow him.

We were about out the door when--

"Blade?" I hear a familiar voice shout. I look over and see Roxie rushing over to me, causing a lot of people to look over at us.

"I didn't know you lived in this part of LA..." I said, happy that I won't be entering the school year alone.

"Me either! It's great to have another member in the crew!" Roxie was all smiles.

"Wait, 'the crew'? Who're they?" I ask. More people?

"My friends since elementary school. I told them all about you and they're interested." Roxie explained.

"Bailey, come on." A woman says sharply. I look behind Roxie and see a middle aged lady that has similar features to Roxie. Huh, Bailey must be Roxie's real name.

"I gotta go. See you August 15th!" Roxie waves as she heads over to her mother, I'm guessing. They begin walking in the opposite direction as us.

"That was Roxie?" Andy asks. My lips quiver slightly as I force myself not to smile too big.

"Yeah." I cross my arms as we start walking again.

"I don't even know who Roxie is. You have a friend? Juliet asks, eyebrow raised.

"I'll explain in the car." I tell her, giving up on holding back my smile.

******

A/N: When editing this I accidentally deleted MORE THAN HALF OF THIS. So now I must go back and do all sort of things to make it match RIP Me >.<