Chapter Thirteen - Fading Butterflies

A/N: **SLIGHT TRIGGER WARNING**?

Blade's POV

I headed into the bathroom, pajamas in hand. I closed and locked the door, setting the clothes on the closed toilet seat. I went and turned on the shower, making sure it was a little bit warm. I began stripping my clothes slowly, watching myself in the mirror.

I stood in front of the mirror, only in my underwear. I looked over my body. My scars from about a year or so ago on my stomach and wrists were almost completely healed. Sure there were a few faint lines, but that was mostly it. My thighs were a different story.

The skin looked... Weird. You could tell I had cut a lot. I would sometimes try to wait, make sure some of the scars were somewhat healed. I didn't like reopening. It made them look... Uglier, and they stayed longer. Even so, the scars were still visible.

Of course the butterflies were still there. Most of it was faded, a lot. The black was a light grey, the dark purple, blue, and pink was faded to a lavender, cotton candy, and bubble gum. I'm surprised it held for so long. But then again I used the long lasting sharpies.

I realized I was wasting water, so I quickly got out of my undergarments. I got into the shower, relaxing under the sorta warm water. I turned around, very slowly turning the knob. Soon I turned it to a slight chill, jumping and shivering at the cold water. I soon got used to it and started washing my hair, which was also starting to fade back to my naturally blonde/brown. Everything seems to be fading on me.

I quickly washed my hair and body, then hesitantly looked to the razor in here. Juliet asked if I wanted to bring some of her hand held razors with me, just in case I wanted to shave. A topic no female wants to talk about but does anyways. Reluctantly I said yes, knowing if I waited two months it'd be like the beginning of spring all over again. Let's be honest, girls never shave during the winter. It's not needed.

I pressed the silver button, listening to the button. I sighed and began the process.

It took me a while to finish everything. Almost an hour maybe? I tried to take my time so I didn't accidentally cut myself, triggering myself. When I was done I rubbed le Avon lotion on my arms and legs, then put on my pajamas. The lotion on my legs weren't completely dry so my pajama pants stuck to my legs slightly.

I brushed my teeth and brushed my hair before heading out, CC giving me a "really?" look. "W-What?" I asked, tossing my little bathroom bag back into my suitcase. "You are such a girl! You took... Almost 80 minutes in there!" CC said accusingly.

"Seriously? You wouldn't understand. You're a boy."

CC and I had a mini argument, trying to defend stereotypical male and female actions. Girls talking a lot, guys complaining over how hard being a boy is, you know, that sort of stuff. Eventually it ended when CC ran out of excuses.

"I like turtles." I mumbled, curling into a ball on the couch and closing my eyes. I heard a sigh and someone scoot me over beside CC, and someone sit down where I was curled up. I moved over and curled up next to the person, practically on their lap. When I was tired I was practically a fucking cat.

"Ehhhhhh cat girl person thing!" I hear Ashley say, poking my side. I make a weird noise in discomfort. "Pet my head." I demand. "What? No! Blade, you are not a cat!" Ashley refused. I could tell he wanted to laugh at how dumb this was. "Fine... Then scratch my back." I keep my eyes closed, remembering when I used to have Claire scratch my back to have me sleep. I missed when I was a toddler and people would rock me to sleep... My parents at least did that once in a blue moon.

"No." I heard the TV turn to something. Scary Movie 5 it sounded like. "Please?" I ask. If he says no this time I'll give up and beg CC to do it. "Ugh... Fine..." I feel Ashley start scratching my back through my shirt. I frown. This was uncomfortable. When with Claire I could have her scratch my back under my shirt, but I can't with Ashley. It'd be weird...

"Never mind." I sigh. The disappointment I feel is great.

I stay curled up next to Ashley, dozing off multiple times. Finally I shake myself awake, tell CC and Ash goodnight, then went to the bunks. I get into mine, and throw the covers on me. Tomorrow I planned on drawing my butterflies back on, but for now, I needed sleep...

******

I sit in my bunk, my curtain closed, and my pajama pants down. I was finishing the last butterfly on my left thigh. When done, I shove my markers in my book bag and pull my pants back up. Now that my butterflies were fresh I need to renew my hair. But for now, I'll deal with the awkward roots.