Chapter Five - The Old Become New *TRIGGER WARNING*

A/N:

The little '~'s mean the beginning and ending of a triggering scene. I can't get all of them in here, just the self harm itself.)

********TRIGGER WARNING********

Blade's POV

I finally finished hanging up my neon blue curtains on my window. Most of my room was blue and white, with some black here and there. It took yesterday and today, but I'm finally happy.

"NEW MESSAGE FROM: BOTDF... SEXT, SEXT, SEXT-" I grabbed my phone and turned it on, stopping the notification from going on any longer. I knew I had a text. That song was my text alert for a reason...

Claire: Wyd?

I realized I hadn't texted any of my friends since I've been here. Shit, I have to text Madison and Owen.

Me: Decorating my room, I'll send a pic

I back up in the doorway and took a picture, sending it to Claire.

Me: _attachment_image_

Claire: So cool! My moms already built up a room with the "typical" teenage girl stuffs. It's not bad, I just added a few more stuffed animals and posters :P

Claire: _attachment_image_

The walls were beige, the carpet brown. Probably for stains. Her bed was a regular wooden bed in the corner, with a white and pink duvet. Beside her was a small shelf with two shelves that held some of her stuff. On the left wall was a brown, wooden dresser, and a closet with a white door beside that. I saw a painting of flowers near the door, and a few posters Claire owned. There were a lot of stuffed animals strewn about the room.

Me: wow, seems a bit boring, no offense

Claire: non taken, I agree, there is too much beige and brown, but it's easier on them I guess.

Me: yeah, I guess...

Claire: I gtg! We're going to church apparently. Surprisingly.

Me: what? They're gay!

Claire: ya but they're religious. They said it's alright if I don't believe or anything, they just wanted to try it out.

Me: eh, ok. Bai

Claire: bai :)

That was strange. A lesbian couple in church? Okay then. I sent a quick text to Owen and Madison, who were both still at the orphanage. It makes sense. Owen is 16, and Madison is 17. Not many people want to adopt someone that old. In fact, it's really hard for teenagers in general to get adopted.

I started remembering my stay at the orphanage. I had stayed there since I was ten. My parents were addicts, and would leave me home alone a most of the day. When CPS was called they took me away. The rest of my family, aunts, uncles, no one would take care of me, telling my parents they needed to straighten up. That I'm their responsibility, that because of them I was taken away. I do hold a resentment towards my parents, who're probably dead, but I also kind of miss them.

When I came to the orphanage I was in a really bad state. I was scared of everyone, and would refuse to talk. I wouldn't eat a whole lot either. Finally they had me talk to the counselor, and got me some medication so I would eat, but I don't take it anymore. Eventually I opened up. Everyone said I was bright, smart, cheerful, happy. Until I turned twelve. I got extremely depressed, got major anxiety, and had awful thoughts.