Chapter One - What Will It Be Like?

Blade's POV

"Smile, smile, smile, smile, smile, smile, smile, smile, smile, smile, smile, smile, smile...." The girl I shared a room with, Claire, kept poking me, repeatedly saying "smile." It was starting to make me mad. She was thirteen, a year younger than me, and would often get on my nerves on purpose.

Claire could sometimes be cool. She dressed mostly hipster, and enjoyed smaller and/or older bands like No Doubt, Metallica, and Skrillex. But 70% of the time she would do things just to get me mad.

"Piss off." I snapped, pushing her away. I didn't push her hard so she only moved back a little. I continued to write in my notebook. Whenever I had "bad thoughts" or had an anxiety attack I'd write what triggered it and other stuff. There was a counselor here at the orphanage, just in case we needed to talk. I go there about weekly.

Claire moved away from me and laid on her bed. "Do you think we'll ever get out of this shit hole?" She asked. I shrugged.

"Eventually. Most likely either adopted or we grow out of the system. You'll get adopted easily, you're likeable..... Most of the time." I teased. I've had three roommates and she's been my favorite, despite her annoying antics. I always try to keep positive for her, and to keep her from getting depressed or lose hope.

"I wonder who I'll go to. My guess is a gay - more specifically a lesbian couple around the ages of twenty five to thirty - couple that's wanting a family. They already have an adopted son, but would like a daughter. They live in a one story house and has a cat. Oh, they also live in the suburbs." Claire said. I gave her a weird look. She would always give herself and random people unnecessary back/future stories, and would make the most random ones.

"That sounds nice. I'll probably end up getting a woman and man in their forties, husband is fat and drinks, and the wife works as a secretary. They have one adult son who is a jarhead and is basically considered a golden son. Oh, they also have an old dog that dies the first two days I'm there." I joked. With my luck I probably would get just that.

"Nah. You'll probably get a punk rock couple in which the woman doesn't want to do the whole birth thing." Claire said. I shook my head.

"I'm never that lucky." I once again continued writing. Well, I finished writing. Now I was drawing a little cat with an upside down cross on it's forehead. It looked a lot like the one from a BOTDF shirt. Their T-Shirt designs were cool, but this was from their cringey overly scene days.

I closed my notebook when finishing, and stretched. I threw my notebook under my bed, throwing my pen under there too. I got up and went to the drawers.

"Going to bed already? It's only eight PM." Claire said, disappointed. I'd usually stay up from nine to sometimes eleven with her. I grabbed my thin, dark blue pajama bottoms and a white tank top. It got hot at night. I moved to the corner out of the doors view, just in case someone barged in, and began changing.

"Sorry, Claire. I've been getting pretty exhausted again. Probably my anxiety or depression. I just need a little more sleep and I'll be good." To "prove" my point I smiled at her. I knew it wouldn't do much good. I've been going to bed earlier every week, and it doesn't work. I was hoping it'd give me energy in the day so I can do a few things, like go to the field with my friends and violently throw a flat football at each other. We call it Torpedo.

Claire just ignored me and got on her phone. I heard the familiar popping of ChatGum. I gave her a disappointed sigh as I laid down. "Stay off of that. You know what happens every time." I lecture. She ignored me, turning her volume down, and began texting. I can't lie, I've been on it before. I did the same thing I know she's doing, but I stopped. She does too.

"Goodnight Claire." I mumbled, turning off the lamp.

"Yeah, goodnight." Clair said back.

******

A/N: I'm excited for this ^-^
Blade above. Dur.

BTW, I don't recommend going on ChatGum, all.