Chapter Eight - Touring

Blade's POV

I was laying on my bed on my stomach, reading an AP magazine. It was an old one I had gotten last year in October. I liked to reread it, mainly because it had an article about Jeffree Star. I have an obsession, okay?

Suddenly I hear a knock on my door. "It's open!" I yell, not taking my eyes off my magazine. The person walks in quietly. "Hey, Andy wanted me to tell you something." I look up and see Jinxx. "Uh, okay?..." I say hesitantly.

"The band is going to start touring this month. On the nineteenth we'll be leaving. Andy wanted me to ask if you wanted to stay behind with Juliet and Inna when we do or if you wanted to go." Jinxx explained.

Should I go? If I stayed behind I could get in some quality time with Inna and Juliet. But I'd be more likely to get bored. I needed something to do 24/7 so I didn't have time to think. It'd be best if I went. Besides, it may be a lot of fun.

"Uh... Okay yeah. I think I'll go." I say nodding. I felt a little bit of excitement. Luckily the nineteenth was only five days away. I just had to last five days...

******

There was only two days until we left. I decided to get a headstart on packing. I pulled out my now empty suitcase from under my bed. I slammed it on my bed then opened it. I went to my dresser and got out some skinny jeans. Andy said we'd be touring about two and a half months, coming back in early August when I had to get ready for school.

I went to my suitcase and put my already folded skinny jeans in the left corner. I was about to turn around when I saw my lighter. I picked it up, flipping open the white rectangle. I lit it, then flipped the the top back on it. I ran my finger over the engraved words on the lighter.

Blade's Blaze

I smiled. For my thirteenth birthday Mattie had gotten this for me. She went to a shop, having this custom made just for me. The writing was in black. The present was weird, but not to me. I had collected lighters with cool designs. My old family took them away right before I left though. All 32 of them. I was proud of the collection.

All I had left was this. I don't know why I still kept it. Maybe the memories? Maybe because it just looked cool?

I put the lighter in a small pocket inside the suitcase. I continued packing. Finally all I had left was my drawer. I unlocked it then looked through. I got out my notebook and unused journal. Then I grabbed my pens, putting them in the suitcase. I looked at the drawer again.

I can't bring them. I can't. I'll be tempted. It's best to leave them here. I have to. I don't want to hurt myself with such little privacy. I especially don't want to get caught.

I got the blades out of my purse as well, placing them in my drawer. I closed the drawer, locking it. I put my key at the top of the closet then closed the door. I went to a small white shelf I had put in my room a few days ago. I grabbed a few books.

I Am J
Kiss Of Broken Glass
Always Watching
One Of Those Hideous Stories Where The Mother Dies
Guitar Notes
Little Women
Unstoppable

These were my favorite, and only, books. I've reread them each at least two times. I Am J was an amazing story. It left a powerful message about being yourself. Little Women didn't have one single message. It held many. Unstoppable had a message of never giving up, ever. Guitar Notes taught that you have to be who are, not who everyone else expects or wants you to be. But my favorite was Kiss Of Broken Glass. That taught you about loving yourself, and finding reasons and ways to never or stop hurting yourself.

I thought about it as I put the books in a plain black book bag with several band logos and quotes that I wrote on the fabric. Maybe I can use the ideas in KOBG. The butterfly maybe? It seemed like a good idea.

With that idea in mind I grabbed a few permanent markers. They were the ones that lasted at least one month, sometimes even longer. That's what I used to draw on my bags and such with. I needed these markers to last as long as possible.

I placed my markers in my bag, deciding I won't do the butterfly until we start the tour. I'll try to keep my self control until we have to leave. Until I know I have to take extra precautions.

A/N: BLEH! SHORT CHAPTER! I sorry (///.<)

Anywhore, who else has read I Am J, Kiss Of Broken Glass, or any of the other stories I listed above?

If you haven't read ANY of them I recommend reading ALL of them! They all have a message or several messages that really stick with you.