Chapter Two - "Uh, H-Hi..."

A/N: I only know about Juliet and Inna, everyone else's relationships are unknown to me. I have to start Googling...
(I think Jinxx is in one, I just don't know who the woman might be....)

Blade's POV

I threw the Torpedo (aka flat football) up in the air, letting it fall into my hands. Instead it slipped through my hands and hit my face, causing me to jump.

Madison, Owen, Claire, and I had come here to play a little Torpedo, but decided to take a break. It was pretty fun, but sadly it was over. Even sadder, this might be our last game together. There's always chance one of us will get adopted.

"Blade! We have to get back to the orphanage. It's almost two." Madison said, lightly nudging my shoulder with her Nike shoes. I got up, grabbed the Torpedo and walked with Madison, Claire and Owen back towards the orphanage, leaving the field behind. The field was only a few blocks from the orphanage, so we got there quickly.

Mrs. Penny was waiting at the door, making sure everyone that went out got in. She crossed off our names, meaning we head returned. If you got out you need to let the lady up front know where your going and that you're going.

I went to my room with Claire. I checked myself in the mirror, brushing the grass off and making sure it was all gone. I decided to look at least a bit decent for today's opening instead of wearing what I call my "comfort clothes."

I put on some black skinny jeans, a Blue Neighborhood shirt, all of my Troye Sivan bracelets, and white and black converse. I applied some eyeliner lightly, and slightly teased and fixed my hair. I turned around to check on Claire.

Claire looked excited. "I bet today's the day!" She was holding her palms against each other, repeatedly tapping her fingers against each other like a villain in a movie would, only less creepy.

"Calm down." I said, my voice shaky. I myself needed calming down. My social anxiety was skyrocketing today. My hands kept shaking. I sat down on my bed, pulling my legs as close to the bed as they could, and wrapped my arms around myself. I slowly rocked back and forth, evening out my breathing. This helped.

Claire just sat on her bed in front of me, knowing I couldn't handle someone being close or touching me right now. "Want me to get your phone?" She asked quietly. I had told Claire all about my anxiety depression. Late night conversations are always deep. Besides, I was mostly open about my anxiety. My depression is what I find hard to talk about.

I mutely nodded. She went to my bedside table and got my phone, handing it to me. I clicked my private Spotify playlist. I clicked on Savior. I set it beside me and continued what I was doing, mumbling the lyrics. When I first started singing I almost started crying, but calmed down by the chorus.

"So hear my voice, remind you not to bleed. I am here..." When the song ended I felt calmer, but I knew my anxiety was still there. I seriously needed medication or therapy or something. Just once a week counseling wasn't helping.

I put my phone in my pocket and stood up. Claire stood up beside me and placed a hand on my shoulder. "You okay?" She asked. I nodded. "Yes..." I said quietly. Claire rubbed my shoulder before opening the door and motioning for me to go.

We made our way down the hall and into the sitting room. I saw Mrs. Penny and Mrs. Grocier standing. I took a seat on the couch next to Claire and Owen.

"Okay, today is another open house. A few people are going to be coming today, and they're hoping to get a teenager. Be on your best behaviors and speak politely to the families that come in here. If you're having issues with the adult, or you or them need assistance don't hesitate to come to me or Mrs. Penny. Now sit up straight, they'll be in here in five minutes." Mrs. Grocier explained.