High tide

It was dark, almost midnight in New York but the beach was anything but asleep. The cold wind ran around in the air, a strong breeze grazing even the strongest things. The sand was damp, the current strong and the tide high. Emily and Alison lied on the beach, toes deep in the sand and eyes watching every star in the sky.

"Em" Alison whispered, Emily turning to face her quickly, "I just...this trip, this weekend away from Rosewood. It's been amazing..." Alison stopped, sounding as though she had so much more to say.
"Yeah" Emily smiled sweetly "I love being here, with you."

"I wish it never had to end" Alison's face fell

"Oh Ali, you couldn't handle being away too long. You need to rule the kingdom or who will?" Emily giggled, Alison rolling her eyes jokingly.

"Oh come on, Rosewood will survive without me" Alison smiled "At least for a little."

Emily began to dance her fingertips on Alison's hand, leaving invisible burns as she grazed the skin. Alison's ocean eyes watched as Emily did so, a smile placed itself onto her lips, her cheeks flushing pink as she couldn't help but love those fingertips.

"Emily" Alison sighed "I need to..I just..never mind"

"Oh come on Ali, I can tell it's important so just tell me" Emily's fingers stood still as she spoke

"You know me so very well" Alison smiled, with a hint of sadness "Please just...kiss me!...I'll never tell, not anyone. Just this once please." Alison began to cry as she looked away.

"Alison, I would never...not one time ask you to keep this a secret." Emily spoke as her hands took the blondes cheeks and pulled her close, letting her lips find their home within Alison's kiss. The two kissed until they couldn't breathe, only stopping once they needed air once more.

Tears traced Alison's cheeks as she smiled into Emily as they pulled away. "Sweetie, you've got me under your spell."

"And you've got me under yours" Emily whispered.