Queen bee Ali

It was cold, wind blowing in the air and rain dripping from the clouds and finding its place on the ground in puddles. She kicked the puddle, water splashing up all around her; she didn't even react, just kept walking through the dark streets, the only light coming from the dim street lights that barely made a difference. Her eyes as blue as she ocean looking up into the sky as she stopped, she closed them tight and let out a single tear. It traced her face gently and then dripped off her chin slowly. Her small hands made fists as she let out a loud sigh, followed by sobbing and a flood of tears. She tried to wipe away the sadness, covering her face with her palms, and letting her fingers brush away the tears forming in her eyes...but the sadness wasn't leaving, it never really would.

She couldn't seem to hold herself up any longer, her knees shaking as she started to crumble to the ground, she barely caught herself as she hit the pavement, her palms scrapping against the rugged cement as she fell. Her eyes made their way to her hands, blood coated her once soft skin; it dripped down her arms and started to paint her white sleeves red. The corners of her dry, cracking lips started to curl up into a slight smile as she propped herself up on the building behind her. She wiped away the tears once more, leaving stains of red upon her face as she did so. She let out a sigh as she fumbled to get her phone out of her purse, leaving bloody prints all over the bag as she searched. Her fingers shook as she dialed the number that her heart had memorized years ago, listening to the tone as she waited to hear a voice she feared she would never hear again.

"Hello" The sweet voice spoke, so gentle and perfect. The sound made Alison want to cry, it had been years since she had heard the voice that now spoke to her again, the voice that made her heart skip a beat, the voice that made her feel special and loved even though it had been so long since this person had loved Alison.

"Hi" Alison mumbled, shaking at the thought of who she was speaking to. It scared her, she loved this person once more than words could ever describe, and more than pictures would ever show. She loved her with all of who she was, but she never found those special words to tell her this. She never got the chance to tell her that she was all she wanted, that she was her one true love, that she was the one.

"Alison?" The gentle voice became louder, questioning whether they were talking to Alison Dilaurentis, a friend of theirs from so long ago that the memories seemed so far away, but truly Emily could feel all the memories and the feelings and she could hear all the words spoken all that time ago. the second that she heard that voice it all came back, the stolen looks with each other when the other girls weren't looking, the smiles that they had reserved for just them and nobody else ever got to see. The things that Alison had told her, that she never told anyone else and the secrets that they had kept all these years because thinking back to that kiss was too hard and too scary for both of them.

"Yes" Alison smiled as best she could, as her heart started to slow down and her skin faded to a ghostly pale. "Em, please don't hate me...I called to tell you" her eyes flicked shut, as she couldn't seem to finish the words she wanted to say so desperately.

"What?" Emily asked "What is it?"

"I...I love you" Alison barely made out as her breathing slowed down, to the point of barely being there.

"Ali" Emily smiled "I love you too, I always have ever since that day freshman year when you read to me and we kissed in the library. I love you so much, I was just so scared to tell you because you said I was practice...for the real thing, I thought...I, I didn't know Ali. If I knew I would have told you so long ago." Emily waited, her smile began to fade as Alison didn't respond and worry settled in Emily's mind. She couldn't hear anything, not even Alison breathing, which made sense because the beautiful blonde wasn't breathing any longer. The queen that once ruled Rosewood and everyone that stepped foot into it was now gone, she no longer stood tall and she no longer left all of the town in fear with just one look. Alison Dilaurentis, queen bee of Rosewood was now nobody, just another dead druggie laying on the side of the street in the dark covered in her own blood.