Look after me

Two months had passed since Spencer Hastings, Toby Cavanaugh, Noel Kahn, and Yvonne Philips had passed away, but Alison remembered it like it was yesterday. She could still see Noels head tumbling down the stairs and sitting by her feet. She could still remember Spencer on the floor, blood everywhere and her eyes fading. The memories never left Alison's mind, they raced through her head over and over like the saddest movie she had ever seen on replay. Her heart was in pieces and nothing was going to fix it. Alison sat in her bed, her eyes fixed on the picture she held. Her fingers gently tracing the faces in the photo, Spencer and her smiling and happy. That's when Emily walked into the room, she made her way to Alison slowly and sat beside her.

"Hey" Emily smiled sadly "How are you doing?"

"I'm fine" Alison looked over at Emily, dropping the photo onto the bed.

"How's the baby?" Emily asked, intertwining her fingers with the beautiful blonde that sat beside her.

"Good" Alison let her eyes go to her belly, it was much larger than it was two months ago, and it had become impossible to hide the pregnancy so last week she told the girls.

"Ali, I'm worried about you" Emily's eyes looked down at her girlfriends large belly, and then up meeting Alison's ocean eyes "You don't work anymore, you only ever leave the house to go to the doctors for the baby. I'm scared that you--"

"Em" Alison interrupted "I have had a really hard couple months, I found out that I'm pregnant, that Spencer was my cousin, then Noel died, and yes I know he was a bad person who deserved it but I can't help picturing him as the guy who was my friend all those years ago, the one who helped me when I was in desperate need of it. I can't help but miss that Noel, even though I know he was long gone before he died. And of course Spencer died after that, which has left me heartbroken. I loved her, I know I never said that and I know I wasn't the best friend to her over the years but I did care about her. She was...Spencer, the girl who would do anything to protect her friends even if that meant a bullet to the heart. I just wish it was me that night who died, and not her."

"Ali" Emily pulled Alison close to her "Don't say that, you have so much to live for right now. You have a baby, you can't--"

"I know that" Alison cried "I just wish I could do something, anything to get Spencer back."

"I know baby" Emily held onto Alison's trembling body as tight as she could.

"And then Toby, I know me and Toby never got along very well but when I saw that look of panic, and horror in your eyes I couldn't help but, but cry."

"I loved him, he was one of my best friends. He was always there for me, I just wish I could have been there for him when he needed me"

"Sweetie" Alison looked up at Emily as the tears escaped the brunettes eyes. "He died in a car accident, you couldn't have done anything. And he wasn't alone, he was with Yvonne."

"I know, and I'm happy that he wasn't all alone when he died, but I just wish I could have said goodbye."

"Goodbye's are for losers" Alison smiled through the tears "You want to know why?"

"Sure Ali" Emily smiled sadly

"It isn't the last time, it never is" Alison smiled largely "You will see Toby again, I believe that he is always around. Looking after the people he loves, and one day you will be up there looking after the ones you love too. "

"I love you Ali" Emily smiled, as Alison wiped the tears away.

"I love you too."