Its ending but that doesnt mean its the end

"Who wrote the book on goodbye's? Emily asked, tears filling her big brown eyes.

"What does that mean?" Alison's eyes locked on Emily's, her heart pounding faster and faster with every second.

"Why does this have to be goodbye?" Emily sobbed, her hair covering her face and her fingers wrapping around the snow globe, that was next to her. "There's nothing wrong with us."

"But it doesn't feel right" Alison cried, her hands shaking as the tears came pouring down her cheeks. "There isn't a way to make this easy, so let's just say this is the end and go."

"I know its ending, but why does it have to be the end?" Emily wiped her eyes, and looked away, not wanting to look at Alison, not wanting to see her cry. "I'd rather lay forever in this bed..with you, than say goodbye"

"I know Em" Alison stood up, "I know that endings are the worst...And I would rather lay in that bed with you until I die, but we are breaking baby...and it hurts, because I know that I love you, but everything feels wrong." Emily took Alison's hand in her own and pulled her closer, both of them crying, both of them hurting more than ever before, both of them not wanting to let go.

"Give me one more night?" Emily asked, her eyes glowing in the dim room. "Just one more night to hold you, and kiss you and pretend that tomorrow everything will be fine" Alison fell next to Emily on the bed, their eyes on one another, Alison pressed her lips to Emily and the salty taste of tears filled her mouth. They fell back on the bed, watching each other, Alison's fingers playing with Emily's and Emily's feet holding on to Alison. They were scared to lose each other, they were scared of what the future would hold, but in that moment all they wanted was to lie there holding each other and looking into the others eyes, they wanted to stay in love that night.