Be a little different with me

Alison was walking to the mail box when she noticed something, Emily walking down the street slowly, her hands in her pockets and her eyes watching the floor.

"Hey, Em!" Alison yelled as she started to run towards her. Emily's head shooting up once the words came out.

"Oh hi Ali" Emily smiled slightly, and Alison could already tell something was upsetting her. For the past few days she could feel Emily pulling away, not wanting to talk or hangout at all, and now she was walking the streets alone at night. Alison needed to know what was going on and why.

"You ok sweetie?" Alison smiled at Emily who didn't return the favor.

"Um..yeah" Emily responded in a sad tone.

"Em" Alison took Emily's cold hand in her own "I know something is up, you are acting weird and distant...why?" Emily's eyes began to water, tears soon tracing the features of her face.

"Em" Alison reached out for her hand, but Emily turned around and ran away. Sprinting through the streets Alison ran after her, past house after house, Alison yelling her name. She could hear Emily crying for a long time, until she got too far ahead of her to hear anything. Emily turned into the woods, and that's when Alison knew where she was going. Alison knew that Emily was trying to get away from her, but she also knew where she was planning on getting to. They ran through the tree filled area in the dark. Alison smiled as they approached the kissing rock, she wasn't far behind Emily who was in tears, now sitting on the rock sadly. Alison walked close to her, being careful not to scare her into running again.

"Don't run" Alison whispered as she stopped in front of Emily.

"I won't" Emily muttered.

"Good" Alison kneeled down, her eyes now meeting the sad ones in front of her, she was in pain seeing Emily hurting. "Tell me why you ran away from me"

"I..I" Emily cried, her cheeks turning a rose color, which made Alison smile. "I think I..I should go" Emily tried to stand up, but Alison grabbed her arm, pulling her back down.

"Tell me" Alison said sternly

"I think I" The rose color turning to a darker red as a single tear traced her skin gently. "I think I'm different"

Alison smiled softly, she had a feeling that she knew what Emily meant, but she felt as though making sure she was right was the smart thing to do. Her hand fell from Emily's arm and to her hand, intertwining their fingers together tightly.

"Different isn't a bad thing Em. Now tell me what you mean, why are you different?"

"I like girls" Emily barely made out "I think I'm gay." Her cheeks only getting darker red as she spoke more, her face was free of tears by now, but she could feel them trying to break out of her eyes as she tried to hold them in.

"Em" Alison smiled happily, squeezing her hands tightly. She was right, Emily told her exactly what she saw coming. "Don't cry, please don't be sad...being gay doesn't change a thing. It just means that you will date girls not guys, that's not bad at all."

"Thank you Ali" Emily smiled shyly.

"Now, is that all?" Alison whispered, with a cute little smile.

"Um..Alison" Emily looked down at the floor below her.

"What is it sweetie?"

"I like...you" Emily let the tears flow, falling down her face, leaving stains of their trails. "I think I might be falling for you Ali."

Alison's smile grew, as she heard the words escape Emily's mouth. "Please stop crying. It's ok"

"No, it isn't" Emily cried "I feel like an idiot, falling for someone who likes boys."

"It's ok because I love you" Alison laughed as she pressed her lips to Emily's.