You cant plan the future

Alison sat at the end of her bed curled up in a ball, she wore a black dress and heels, her makeup was perfect and her hair was done to perfection as if she was about to leave the house but she just sat there with tears in the corners of her eyes. She smiled slightly as she remembered a certain day from her past that she could never forget, it was late august and she was only nineteen. She was wandering through a very familiar area of trees, close to the kissing rock. It was dark, late at night but she wasn't alone..she was safe with Emily.

"I've missed you" Emily whispered, her hand reaching over for Alison's. As their hands met, Emily holding on tight, Alison smiled.

"It's been too long Em" Alison responded

"I know" Emily smiled, looking over at the beautiful woman that was beside her. It was dark and she could barely see her but Alison's ocean blue eyes shined in the darkness and Emily couldn't help but get lost in them for a second.

"I don't want you to go again" Alison stopped walking, her eyes looking away from Emily. "I don't think I will be able to take it."

"Ali" Emily smiled, amazed at how far Alison had come since high school. She used to hide her feelings, she never would have said this before..Emily was so happy that Alison had grown. "Come with me"

"What?" Alison looked up, confusion filling her eyes.

"Come with me" Emily repeated "Come to California with me."

"Em" Alison smiled "You can't be serious"

"I am" Emily's smile widened "I love you Ali, I don't want to leave you again..I can't go another year without you."

"I can't just leave" Alison laughed "I have a life here, a job, school, I can't"

"Please" Emily bit her bottom lip, Alison smiled and rolled her eyes slightly.

"You can get your teaching degree in California, and you can be a waitress anywhere" Emily's eyes were wide and hopeful.

"I..I..I can't" Alison whispered.

The memory was one that Alison would never forget, one that filled her mind as she made her way to the living room. She smiled sadly as she saw the three beautiful children all dressed in black sitting on the couch.

"Come on" Alison whispered, the two bigger kids getting up and making their way to the door. The eldest was a girl, she was eight years old, dark brown hair almost black, her eyes a chocolate brown. She looked just like Emily when she was little. The next a boy, blue eyes the same color as Alison's and light brown hair, he was seven. Alison slowly walked over to the youngest, three years old, a girl. She had beautiful golden blonde hair and dark brown eyes. Alison picked her up and held her close as she walked to the car.

"Mommy" The youngest exclaimed "Where is Mama?, I miss her Mommy!"

Tears started to form in Alison's eyes as she heard her young daughter speak. She didn't respond as she placed her in her car seat, the other kids getting in the car as Alison sat in the driver's seat.
The car was silent as they drove, Alison's mind thinking back to a wonderful day from her past. It was early November and Alison was in a taxi, she was nervous her fingers playing with her hair gently as she sat there. She looked out the window, watching all the people outside, the cars racing by, and even the signs all around her.

"Were here" The taxi man called out to her, she smiled at him as she handed him the money and then jumped out of the cab with her bags. It was pretty warm for November and Alison was happy, she never really liked the cold. She started to make her way over to the apartment building behind her, it was big and not very nice. Graffiti covered the walls and bugs ran by her feet as she walked. As she got to the building she sucked in a breath, letting it out as she stepped inside. She walked over to the front desk, an older woman sat behind it with a very unpleasant look about her.