Cry for love

Alison smiled sadly as she looked down at Emily who was laying in the bed in front of her. She could smell the hospital all around her as she stood still. Emily's eyes were closed, she seemed as though she was asleep..but she wasn't. Alison's heart had stopped the second that the doctor told her the news, his exact words were "I'm so sorry Mrs. Fields, we did everything we could but sadly Mrs. Fields has passed away." Alison couldn't believe it, she wasn't crying or sobbing, she wasn't angry and yelling at the doctors for letting Emily go. She didn't feel anything, she felt empty.

She walked over to her wife, sitting beside her gently. She took Emily's hand in her own and held on tight, it was cold to the touch and Alison couldn't help but flinch when their skin met. She looked down at the woman who lied before her and a single tear escaped her eyes. She closed her eyes, trying to hold back the tears as she sat there.

"I love you, I..I already miss you . I don't know what to do without you, ever since high school I have loved you and needed you, I don't remember how..I can't..I don't know how to live without you. I..I need you baby, I.. I love you." Alison stopped as she tried to control herself.

"I will always remember you as that little, sweet fourteen year old girl who had this huge crush on me. You always smiled at me, and you were awful at hiding how you felt, not like me. I hid it too well I guess, you thought I didn't love you for so long. You thought I was fine without you, until Christmas of 2018 when we found ourselves under the mistletoe around all of our friends, and I kissed you so hard that you knew..you knew how much I needed you. " Alison couldn't stop herself from crying, the pain that she hadn't felt right away...she felt now.

"And, and then our wedding. That was the best day ever, In front of the Eiffel Tower wearing the most beautiful dresses ever. You looked just like the, the most beautiful mermaid I had ever seen, and you called me your princess. I will never forget the way you cried and fell down when I started to walk down the aisle and I had to run over to you while tripping over my dress and help you up while we both laughed and cried. I love you Em...I love you, I, I, I love you Em" Alison sobbed as she fell over, wrapping her arms around Emily as she cried, holding her cold wife close to her body as she let the tears cover her.