Chapter Forty

Chapter Forty: James's POV

I awoke to the furious vibration of my phone. I tossed my arm to the side, to grab it off my nightstand.
"Hello?" I asked, drowsily.
"James, it's your mother. Do you know how wildly disrespectful your sister is?"
"Hold on mom, I got to check CNN to see if they're alerting us about this breaking news."
"Oh be quiet, you. She caused a huge scene in the middle of the restaurant for no good reason! We raised her better!"
I rolled my eyes.
"I got nothing to tell ya, Ma. She's changed, now that she's dating Olli. Nothing I can really say..."

Olli's POV

Alex and I wound up driving back to Jay's and my apartment, instead of going somewhere else for breakfast.
"I'm so beyond pissed." She slammed the door shut, as we entered the living room.
"Your parents are pretty damn unreasonable." I agreed.
She huffed into the kitchen, and began pouring orange juice for the two of us. I swear to god, that stuff flowed through her veins.
I took the glass from her, and took a sip. Meanwhile, she was still fuming.
"I can't fucking believe them." She growled. "They acted as if you were some illegal alien. And, oh my god, you're from Finland!" She squeezed her eyes shut. "For the love of god. 'Wasn't Finland part of the Soviet Union?'" She mimicked her mother.
I did a half-smile. My best attempt to calm her down.
"Babe, I really couldn't care less about your parents." I pulled her waist into mine. "I only care about you. Not them, not your brother, only you."
She grinned, brightly, and inched her lips closer to mine.
Before I knew it, we were against the kitchen cabinets, kissing.
Just as the kiss was getting heated, she began trailing her fingers down my stomach. I immediately pulled away.
"What's a matter, babe?" She moaned.
"Are you sure you're ready for 'this' babe?"
We were both virgins. We had talked about sex together, before, and had both agreed that it would be best to wait until we were together longer, and we were more serious.
"I'm sure, Olli." She confirmed. "I've been sure since I met you at that bookstore that day."
She took two fistfuls of my shirt, and pulled me into her, lips crashing against one another's.
"Alex, really," I managed to squirm away, again. "We should wait."
"Why?" She wined.
"Because you don't actually want sex." I told her. "You're pissed, and you're not thinking straight. You think you want sex, when in reality, you're just angry, and want a way to take out your anger, and you believe banging each other senselessly is just the way to do that."
She pushed away from me. "You don't fucking know what I want!" She yelled. "You know what you want, and you're trying to force it upon me!"
"Alex," I whispered, calmly, "Believe me, deep down, you want what I want as well, ok? Just, just not right now."
She glared at me in disgust.
"I'm done. I'm leaving. Need some time away from all this. Maybe I'll find someone who actually wants me."
"What the fuck do you mean you 'need some time away from all this?'"
"I'm in need of some alone time, ok? I'll fucking text you later."
She spun on her heel, and headed towards the door.
And to be honest, I couldn't help but feel as though I had done the right thing.