Bonus Chapter - The Movies

Author's Note: Hey kittens! I added another bonus chapter, but instead because my book reached 10K views! I can't believe it! Thank you for reading my story, I hope you enjoy! Feel free to voice your opinion, ask any questions and point out any mistakes I make.

2 years ago

Nia's POV

Causing me to wake from my peaceful slumber, I feel something poking my side over and over and over again. I groan and seat it away, desperately trying to drift back into sleep while I can. My body is exhausted, I stayed up all night reading. Why do books have to be so good?

"Nia!" Someone calls out in a strange high pitched, sing-song tone. I grunt in response, struggling to ignore them as the incessant poking continues. They call out my name again, "Nia!" With one final poke, I rapidly flip over onto my other side and snarl at the sleep interrupted, kicking my blanket off of my legs. I leap at them, knocking them down to the floor.

"Don't do that again, Saber. You know the consequences to waking me up early." I order grumpily, climbing off of Saber. He simply laughs, retorting,

"You should expect it by now, I do this to you every year on Samhain." I roll my eyes as he stands up. I walk past him, asking over my shoulder,

"Did you get horror movies from the human realm again?"

"Yes, but I also got one of your favorite non-horror movies to mix it up a bit." In the middle of my doorway, I turn around in a flash, staring at Saber with wide eyes, very excited. He grins at me, obviously very proud of himself.

"You got Beauty and the Beast?" I question in a high pitched tone. Saber nods, causing me to squeal in excitement. I rush downstairs to eat breakfast so we can start this movie marathon as soon as possible.

On Samhain, October 31st, Saber always comes over to my house with a bunch of human horror movies that his parents get from the human realm. But, this year, they let Saber get the movies himself. I'm not very good with horror movies, so we started off only watching a couple. But, every year since we started this when we were 10, we add one. So now, with us being 16, we are going to watch 8. How fun.

I'm probably going to be left with nightmares, but Saber being there always helps with them. Something about Saber being there is extremely comforting and helps me sleep without fear. I don't think I could do this every year if it wasn't for Saber sleeping over after we finish watching all of the movies.

Saber soon joins me in the kitchen, startling me out of my thoughts. I shakily smile at him, hoping I'm not blushing. That'd be awkward.

"So, what do you want for breakfast?" Saber asks, moving towards the fridge, "I can make decent scrambled eggs if you're interested." I consider it, but decide against it. I usually crave meat in the mornings and find most other things kind of gross. I scrunch up my nose at the thought of eating scrambled eggs right now, making Saber chuckle. I say to him,

"Don't tease me." He laughs more,

"No promises." He smiles, "You know I was just teasing you. I'll start cooking the bacon right away."

"Good." I grin back. I hop onto the counter next to the stove, swinging my legs and hitting the door of the cupboard below me. Saber turns around and grabs my legs, stopping them from swinging and hitting the cupboard. Once I stop, he lets go and takes a slow step back.

"Stop please, that's distracting." He requests, but I evilly grin and deny his request,

"No." I start to swing my legs again, faster this time. Saber scowls and tries to grab my legs again, but I kick him in the chest and knock him back. He staggers back a few steps and smirks at me, locking his light green eyes with my blue-green ones. I gulp, suddenly kind of nervous as my heart starts beating at an increased rate.