Chapter 24- The Powers

Author's Note: I hope you like my story! Feel free to voice your opinion, ask any questions and point out any mistakes I make.

Nia's POV

It's my fault. It's my fault they're dead. If I hadn't gotten captured, or made that stupid plan, or wanted to have Ivy turn right away, they would still be alive. I need to be alone.

I close off the connection between me and Saber so he can't find me. I just need to be alone. I run through the forest until I hit a clearing, and I collapse. I just sit in the middle of the clearing, and I let out a pained and enraged roar. I need to let out some of my emotions: my guilt, anger and sadness.

I lie back on the forest floor with angry and sad tears streaming silently out of my eyes as I look through the leaves of the trees above my head. Through my whole body, I feel a slight buzzing sensation coming from the earth. I concentrate on it, and I try to see what it is. In my mind, I imagine the earth glowing on this green aura that stretches to everything that is from the earth, and it envelops everything around me, like the trees and plants.

I feel something brush against my hand, and I gasp, lifting my hand and searching for what touched it. I see nothing but darkness, and I see it move and gravitate towards me.

No.

This can not be happening.

I actually awoke these powers somehow? When did this happen, how did it happen? What?

I stand up and decide to experiment with it. I picture the green aura again, and a small piece of dirt flies into my right palm. With my left one, I move it in a stirring motion, and the darkness tendrils twist around each other, moving up towards my hand. The darkness rests in my palm and I look at it, wanting it to be a rose. The darkness takes form of a rose, and without realizing, the earth from my other hand fuses with the darkness to form an actual black rose in my hand.

That is cool. I don't know how it'll be useful, but it's still cool.

I need to learn more about these powers.

"Good job, little queen." A deep, smooth, masculine voice says from the forest.

"Who are you? Come out now!" I demand, my body tensing. From the shadows, a man that looks like he's in his early to mid twenties steps out of the forest. Everything about him screams darkness. I can sense it all around him and in his soul, and his hair is pitch black. His eyes are like black holes, they suck you in, but can be frightening. Even his clothes are black. This man screams darkness, or goth.

"Hello little queen, I'm Amaro, the original Dark Warrior, and the leader of them."

What? There's a leader of the Dark Warriors? Also, what does he mean by the original Dark Warrior, they've been around for centuries! Does that mean...

"Wait... the original Dark Warrior? Wouldn't that mean you've been alive for centuries?" I ask, curious. He chuckles at me, and answers

"Yes, I was made with the first Dark Earth Queen. I am immortal, like each queen is."

"So there's only one way to kill you." I murmur "Just like the queen."

"Oh, she told you about that, did she? Good, that makes my job easier, skips the whole 'how am I supposed to kill her' ordeal." Amaro grins at me "So let's get down to business little queen."