Chapter 13- The Discussion

Author's Note: I hope you like my story! Feel free to voice your opinion, ask any questions and point out any mistakes I make.

Ivy's POV

My body freezes. I can't believe what I just heard, it seems too surreal. I know I was hoping for it but I wasn't really expecting it, I thought it'd be about what's going to happen to Nia... that's one thing I really don't want to think about.

"What? Really? What did your premonition show you?" Marie asks eagerly.

"It wasn't a concrete plan, but I saw three chimeras flying to the mountains, then time flew forward and I saw three chimeras again but this time, one had a girl on their back. The picture zoomed in and I saw the girl was Nia, and the chimera she was on had green eyes." Jake shakily explains. He's always like this after a premonition, just exhausted and a bit jittery, like he's nervous or he was just given really bad news, which I guess can happen with premonitions.

"How are there three chimeras? I'm the only one here that can turn into one!" Sophia exclaims. I stand up and clear my throat, drawing everyone's eyes to me.

"The green eyes... that's what you're missing. Think about it, who has green eyes and is very protective of Nia, and would do anything to rescue her, even if it seems impossible?" I see realization light up their eyes as soon as they know who I'm talking about. "Saber."

Saber's POV

I growl as my most recent attempt to contact Nia is blocked yet again. I pace around her room, trying to think of a way I might be able to break through the barrier. I should ask Marie.

"Saber!" I hear Ivy holler. Ugh, she's so irritating. She acts like just because her and Nia are sisters she knows Nia best and knows how to help her in the best way. Ivy thinks I'm not doing anything, and I don't even care.

"Leave me alone Ivy, I don't want to talk to you!" I shout back.

"Don't you dare ignore me Saber!" Ivy snaps, her voice now behind Nia's closed door. "It is about Nia and very important and you are needed so stop moping and being useless and come downstairs!"

"I'm not being useless! I am trying to connect with her so I can make sure she's okay, see where she is, if there's a way we can get her out without a massive fight!" I yell angrily and pull the door open to snarl at Ivy. She harrumphs and stomps downstairs, with me following behind.

"Why am I here?" I ask once I get into the living room. Everyone just stares at me.

"You didn't tell me you can turn into a chimera as well!" Sophia lectures me and smacks me on the arm. I growl at her and she returns it, her eyes glowing yellow before she calms down and they change back to their emerald green color. I look at her, confused.

"What are you talking about? I don't even know what a chimera is!" She grabs my arm and pulls me outside to the back yard.

"Stay there." She commands. I lean against the house, curious as to why she brought me out here. Sophia concentrates, and then she morphs into a massive beast. It has three heads: a lion head, a dragon head, and a goat head, massive legs as thick as trees, paws about twice the size of my torso with daggers for claws extended from them, and wings protruding from its back the same color as the dragon head. It's mostly covered in fur, other than the wings, dragon head, and a small area on its back around the wings. The lion head roars at me

"This is a chimera you illiterate fool!"

"Sophia? That's you?" I ask in lion tongue.

"Yes! I told you I can turn into mythical creatures, and this is just one of them." Sophia growls in annoyance, then shifts back into her human form, walking up to me. "Now you're going to turn into it." I just look at Sophia. Surely she must be joking. She sighs and yells "Ivy!" Ugh, not her.

"Guessing he is shocked?" Ivy says. I stare at her dumbfounded

"More like confused! What the hell is going on, what is Sophia talking about?" I ask, looking between them.

"You didn't explain it to him?!" Ivy exclaims. "Sophia! You were supposed to explain the plan and the premonition to him!" Sophia rolls her eyes and walks back into the house. I look to Ivy to explain.

"Well, Jake had a premonition of 3 chimeras going to rescue Nia and being successful, and the one that carried Nia out of the castle was you. So, Sophia is going to teach us to turn into chimeras since we are the only ones with a chance, since we are cat shapeshifters." I shake my head.

"This is ridiculous."

Nia's POV

I wake up strapped into a plastic chair with metal cuffs on the arms and legs. I struggle to move my limbs, maybe even the chair, but the chair itself won't even budge, like it's bolted into the floor. I'd look, but the room I'm in is totally dark. No light is coming from anywhere in the room. Darkness has completely taken over the room. I feel something cold and smooth brush up against me, but I don't see anything move. Then, it hits me. This room must be filled with the unnatural strands of Darkness that the Dark Earth Queen controls. I'm screwed. I start to hyperventilate and my heart pounds in fear. The Queen is emotionless and ruthless, nobody but her own subjects see who she is and survives.

"Let me go right now or you'll regret it!" I shout as bravely as I can muster right now in this room filled to the brim with Darkness. Suddenly, I hear a woman's voice.

"You don't want to leave already, do you? We haven't talked yet my dear!"

"Of course I want to leave, I'm strapped to a chair! I don't want to talk to you!" I holler at the Queen. That's the only person it could be. To my surprise, the Darkness is swept aside to reveal a single light bulb in between of me and a woman standing a few feet away from me. She has long wavy brown hair that reaches her waist, and flickering, cold brown eyes. She takes a step towards me with a confident smirk on her face, then pretends to be hurt with a hand to her chest.

"And I thought you'd want to talk to your dear aunt..." What did she just say to me? Aunt?

"Aunt?"

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Author's Note:

Sorry! I jut love cliffhangers, I know I'm evil, I just find it slightly amusing to imagine my readers freaking out, screaming like WHAT?!? YOU CAN'T JUST END A CHAPTER LIKE THAT WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO ME?!?!? To be honest that's how I'd react 😂 I find it too funny though, but maybe I just find it funnier because one of my best friends is a regular reader and she hates cliffhangers 😂 hi lunarly  I hope you like the ending! 😂 Also, if you were wondering what a chimera looks like, I'll have it as the picture for the next chapter. Anyway, onto the question!

Question:
What's your favorite color/colors?

Personally my favorite color has always been pink, but black is a close second!

~Cat Queen