Chapter 27- The Newbie

Author's Note: I hope you like my story! Feel free to voice your opinion, ask any questions and point out any mistakes I make.

Ivy's POV

"I don't like her." Wolf growls. "She seems suspicious." I roll my eyes at Wolf, sighing

"Wolf, maybe she just doesn't want to share her power because it's rare and she doesn't know what we'll do to her if she tells us. Stop being overly protective, Angel isn't suspicious, so calm down." I command. Wolf rolls his eyes at me, but I see the tension and nervousness leave his body.

"That's a good idea actually. There are some uniques that rarely, if ever, come to the human realm. Maybe she's one of them. But the power coming off of Angel is very strong..." Wolf trails off, lost in thought. He then leaps up out of the chair he was sitting in and runs off. I go after him, concerned as to what he's doing.

"Wolf, wait! Stop!" I yell as I follow him up the stairs. "What are you doing?" He ignores me as he climbs the final stair and sprints down the third floor hall to... "Oh no." I murmur under my breath as I see where he is going.

Wolf barges into Angel's room with me quickly behind him, but he stands frozen in the doorway. I look over his shoulder to see what he is looking at and gasp, eyes widening in surprise.

Angel stares at us, frightened. Her grey wings twitch with nervous energy behind her and her eyes swirl crazily all different colors.

Those eyes... they seem so familiar...

Angel's POV

I pace my room, not knowing what I should do. Sooner or later they will figure out what I am, and who knows what they'll do. My type is rarely ever seen in this realm.

I still don't understand why I was sent here to watch over them like this instead of my other form of being a phantom or occasionally shapeshifting into a bird. My wings don't like it when they are concealed, and they are restlessly twitching against my back, making the feathers tickle my spine. I release my wings from their cramped position flattened against my back, and sigh in relief.

Suddenly, my door flies open and hits the wall, making a loud bang. I quickly spin to look at whoever entered my room, and see the quiet and dangerous looking boy that's bet friends with Ivy. Wolf, I think his name is. He stands there, gaping at my wings. Oh crap.

Making the situation worse, Ivy peers over his shoulder, sees my wings, and gapes at my grey wings as well. The tips of my wings stretch about 10 inches beyond my fingertips when fully extended, and they are individually wider than my body, but becoming thinner and longer the farther away they get from my torso.

"You can't tell anyone about me!" I order them in a sharp tone. Still gaping, they slowly nod. Grabbing Ivy and Wolf's arms, I pull them into my room, slamming the door shut behind them. I rest my wings against my back, and it seems to bring Ivy and Wolf out of their daze.

"Are you that bird that's been stalking me?" Ivy abruptly asks, then blushes, embarrassed. I smile at her, and motion for them to sit. Ivy sits cross legged on my bed, but Wolf leans against the wall between me and Ivy, scowling menacingly. Sighing, I explain

"Yes. And before you ask, I am an angel, but we have a familiar that we can shapeshift into. Mine so happens to be a bird, and I am yours and Nia's guardian. I have been watching over the both of you ever since you were born."

"Wow." Ivy gasps. Wolf cuts in before Ivy can ask anything and questions

"What type of angel are you and why are your wings grey? Aren't they supposed to be white?"

"Actually, white wings is just a stereotype, since guardian angels typically have white wings and are usually the only ones seen. I am a dream manipulator angel, which is why I have grey wings. It represents the color of the dream realm. I was assigned to be a guardian, but I'm not too sure why. There are a lot of different types of angels though, like earth manipulators who have green and brown wings, and designer angels, who have wings that hold every color in their depths. There are also fallen angels, fire angels, water angels and a lot more types that I can't list because I don't have the patience." I answer, my mood immediately worsening when thinking about fallen angels.

"What about the fallen?" Ivy wonders. I shudder

"Nobody speaks about the fallen."

"Oh. Why not?" Ivy asks. Wolf shoots a look at her, and she shrinks down. "Oh yeah, you don't talk about it. Sorry." She mumbles. I nod

"It's okay, you're just curious. Are there any questions you have that aren't related to the fallen?"

"Yes. Why are you guarding me and Nia? Does everyone have a guardian or is it because we have that prophecy about us?" Ivy replies, her curiosity showing. I chuckle lightly and explain

"I am guarding you and Nia so you fulfill your destiny, whether it's to unite or destroy this realm. I am to make sure you do just that, and basically I keep you alive and give you little nudges when you need guidance."

"Did you send us the dreams?" Ivy asks. Nodding, I reply

"Yes."

"Awesome!" Ivy squeals, clapping her hands. "I can't wait to tell Nia!"

"No, you can't tell anyone!" I wail. Ivy just stares at me, slightly confused but also determined.

"I have to tell Nia, we share everything! Then she will probably tell Saber, but that's it, I swear! I know that they wouldn't tell anyone, trust me. You should know this too if you've been watching over us."

"Fine. Only Nia and Saber, nobody else." I sigh and agree, looking between the two of them. Wolf has been silent through most of it, but then again, that's just his thing.

"This is just so cool! I have my own guardian angel!" Ivy squeals again, jumping up and bringing me into a massive hug. I hug her back, laughing.

Surprisingly, she pulls away and glares at Wolf, putting her hands on her hips.

"Don't think you've gotten off of the hook mister." Wolf lifts his eyebrow, silently asking what did he do "Why did you come running up here in the first place?"

"Good point. Why did you barge so rudely into my room?" I ask, copying Ivy's pose, standing right next to her. I know my eyes would be swirling with light shades of red in my annoyance and sparks of gold with amusement as I glare at him.

"Well, Ivy suggested that you could be something that isn't typically in this realm, which you are so good job Ivy, but when she said that, the first thing that popped into my head was that you could be a demon, so I wanted to see if you were." I grin and relax, nodding my head in understanding

"That makes sense, just don't do it again." Wolf nods, opens the door and rushes out of the room. Ivy laughs, shouts bye and follows him. I wonder when they will act on their feelings towards each other. It is so obvious with the way they act and look at each other, just come on.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Author's Note:

Hi guys! I know you were probably expecting more on what's going on with Nia and Saber, but I decided to take a little break from it and go more into the newest character, Angel. The next chapter should be back with Saber and Nia, and what happens next in their crazy love story!

Question:
So, what do you think of Angel? Did your opinion of her change from your first impression of her a couple chapters ago?