Chapter 29- The Sadness

Author's Note: I hope you like my story! Feel free to voice your opinion, ask any questions and point out any mistakes I make.

Saber's POV

I wake up surrounded by Nia's faint scent, and for a split second I forget that she's locked away in another dimension, probably until the night of her birthday, when she is going to kill her aunt.

Getting up, I sigh and run my fingers through my hair. Yet another restless night with little sleep. I have only known about the connection that I have with Nia for a short amount of time, but it still feels weird without it there, like I'm missing a limb.

Somehow, Amaro's pocket realm has shut off our connection. It makes me feel weird.

I sigh again and walk out of Nia's room and to downstairs. I want to spar today, maybe Sophia will be a good sparring partner.

Ivy's POV

All day, I don't leave my room. I stay under my big blanket with my phone and headphones, not needing anything else. Sad songs play softly through the headphones, letting me mellow in my sadness.

At one point, my blanket is ripped off of me. The sun shines brightly into my eyes, and I hiss, curling up into a ball with my head against my legs.

"Ivy, you need to get up." Wolf sighs, poking my side. I growl lightly at him

"No. I will not get up. I don't want to get up. I want to be alone with my sadness. And maybe a pint of ice cream." Ice cream actually sounds really nice now.

"But Ivy, we're planning your birthday party!" Wolf exclaims, thinking that'll brighten my mood.

It did the opposite.

It made it worse.

"Wolf I don't want a birthday party! If I was going to have one, I'd want to celebrate it with Nia, but I can't because she's in a pocket realm!" I scream at him, grab my blanket and go back to my original position under the blanket. I hear Wolf walk out, and I let the tears fall.

Nia's POV

I wander in this world of endless grey fog, and wonder if this is Amaro's pocket realm. If so, it's very big, I've been walking straight for what seems like hours and I haven't run across a boundary or a wall or anything like that.

Suddenly, a girl appears through the mist. She's holding hands with a boy that looks strangely familiar...

"So this is the dream realm?" An all too familiar voice asks, tinged with sadness. At hearing his voice, my heart pounds uncontrollably. Unable to control the urge, I run forward and hug him. He rocks back a bit, but squeezes me back.

"Nia?" He chokes up. "H-how are you here?" Saber's voice is filled with such emotion, and I go on my tippy toes and kiss him, getting rid of the few inches that separate us by height. He responds with vigor, and we pour every emotion into the kiss.

That is, until the girl interrupts us.

"Um... sorry to interrupt the moment, but may I ask, Nia why are you here?"

I lower myself down to my normal height and turn around to growl at the stranger, hugging Saber and burying my head in his chest, inhaling his scent. I didn't know I would miss it this much. It's only been... actually, I don't know. I've been wandering this grey fog place ever since I stepped into Amaro's realm.

"My Saber." I inhumanly snarl, not releasing him. He chuckles, letting out a beautiful sound that rumbles his chest.

"Nia, it's okay. Angel is a friend, that's all." He strokes my hair, causing me to purr.