Chapter 1- The Village

Author's Note: I hope you like my story! Feel free to ask questions, voice your opinion and point out mistakes.

Antonia's POV

I feel my heart racing as my eyes fly open. I keep having that dream, but I don't know what it means. Is that baby, that the man Marcus is holding, me? Are Marcus and Regina my parents? No. I'm stopping that train of thought right now. My parents are called Alaric and Meredith, they have raised me my whole life. Also, I don't have a sister. There's no way that the baby can be me... at least I don't think so.

I try to calm down and fall back asleep, but I can't. The dream creeps its way into the front of my mind and sticks there like a leech. It poisons all of my thoughts with its presence.

I decide to go to the hill that overlooks the village where I was born and raised, the small town of Pardus Ungula, or just Pardus, as it's more well known as. It means Panther Claw in Latin. Most, if not all, of the towns in the Cat Kingdom of Gato Reino have names like this. I think it's weird, but oh well, I'm not in charge.

I walk through the silent village and breathe deeply in, taking in the fresh, crisp air of the very early morning. The sun is just starting to appear, turning the sky lovely pastel shades of orange, pink, yellow, blue and even a bit of purple.

Once I get to the bottom of the hill, I turn into a tiger and leap up the hill, too lazy to walk up with human legs. Once I reach the top, I turn back into human form and relax with my back against a tree, staring out at the sunrise. I sit there alone and in peace for a few minutes, until he appears.

"What a beautiful sunrise to start a great morning." He states with his cocky grin that seems to be permanently plastered on his face. His green eyes glitter mischievously at me.

"It was a great morning until you showed up." I reply.

"Ouch, Nia, you wound me." He says sarcastically with his hand to his chest.

"Whatever Saber. How did you know I was up here anyway?" I roll my eyes and ask. Saber may be my best friend but the way he seems to know where I am all the time is creepy. He playfully waggles his eyebrows at me.

"Oh, you know, magical connection powers and such."

"Saber, be serious. You know that connections are fantasy." I scoff. "Even if they did exist, it only happens with a royal and someone they've known or loved for a long time that's outside of their family. Neither of us are royal, so it's not possible." Saber just grins at me. I wait for him to say something but he doesn't. I stand up and walk over to him. "What? Why are you being quiet?"

"You're the one with the dream that's basically telling you Meredith and Alaric aren't actually your parents. Maybe you could actually be royal." I stand there speechless, unable to believe what I'm hearing. He is my best friend and I trust him wholly, and he goes and says that about my parents.

Nervously, he runs his fingers through his thick black hair. He should be nervous, I'm about to smack him. "Just think about it, what else could the dream be telling you? I know you Nia, and I bet you're very angry right now. Just hear me out, though, okay?" I sigh

"Okay." Saber nods

"Okay then. In your dream, there's a baby that is called Antonia, with brown hair and the same exact color eyes as you. That sounds like a baby version of you! Also, the woman you described looks exactly like you, but older. I think you should just ask Alaric and Meredith about it. If I'm wrong, I'll apologize and you can punch me as hard as you want."

"Wherever I want?" I ask, smirking. Saber sighs but agrees

"Wherever you want."

"Alright then." I respond. "Let's go." We walk to the edge of the hill, about to run down, and we stop cold. Riding horseback through the village streets are warriors covered in black armor with dark green and black capes billowing behind them.

The Dark Warriors. Warriors under the order of the evil Dark and Earth Queen that resides in the Dark Mountains to the north.

"Nia, we need to go." Saber says softly, in shock. I nod in agreement and we run off, sprinting down the hill.