Chapter 2- The Attack

Author's Note: I hope you like my story! Feel free to ask questions, voice your opinion and point out mistakes.

Antonia's POV

Saber and I turn into tigers and charge down the hill, needing to help in the village.

"I need to find my parents!" I roar to him.

"Okay, I'm going to try and find my family!" Saber replies. We charge off towards our road when we reach the outskirts of the village, desperate to get to our houses to check on our families. Saber has two younger sisters and a younger brother, along with his parents to look out for. They all feel like family to me as well.

Saber and I have known each other for the whole practically 18 years we've been alive. Our parents are best friends, and so we have grown up with each other. It was great, like having two sets of parents and two homes.

No way am I letting the Dark Warriors destroy the village.

Saber bolts into his house and I burst into mine, turning into a human as I do.

"Mom, Dad, where are you?" I yell desperately, fear in my voice.

"Antonia? What's wrong?" My mom asks while running down the stairs, followed by my dad.

"Dark Warriors are in the village. Please take Saber's family to your cabin in the west. You'll be safe there!" They look unsure. I bet they want to stay and protect the village. "Please, think about Leona, Tigerlily and Clint!" My parents look at each other, and nod.

"Alright." My father sighs. "Don't worry, we'll get them out of the village and to the cabin."

"Meet us there as soon as possible though, okay?" My mom asks while she hugs me. I nod.

"Of course. I love you guys. Be careful."

"We will, but you be careful as well! We love you too." My dad replies. He hugs me as well and they go off to get Saber's family.
I follow them out and see Saber waiting for me as a tiger. I turn into a tiger as well and nudge my head against his side. He looks at me and we run off into the middle of the village.

We find Dark Warriors in the village square with hostages on the ground in handcuffs. Saber and I stay in the shadows and I hear him let out a light growl.

"Let's creep up behind them and attack." I suggest. Saber nods, and we creep around the edge of the square, listening to the Dark Warriors yelling in the crowded square.

"Tell us where the princess is, and we won't kill anyone! If you stay silent, people start dying!" The lead one shouts.

"There isn't a princess here!" Someone in the crowd shouts, anger flashing in their eyes. I look over the crowd, but I don't see any Dark Warriors actually in the crowd, just a couple along the edge.

"We know the daughter of the Cat King and Queen lives here, so don't lie!" Another Warrior shouts. Pointing his gun at the hostages, he smirks. "Or there will be consequences." People in the crowd gasp, and I hear Saber growl lightly.

Most of the Warriors seem middle-aged, but a flash of color catches my eye. I look over to see a Dark Warrior with bright ombré red to yellow hair that is standing near the leader. He looks like he's about 18, and not happy about the death threats. He might be a weak link, one that we could try to use to our advantage.

The hostages are visibly shaking, and I can smell their fear. Saber and I get into position and I nod to him. We leap at the same time, and I tackle two Dark Warriors to the side of the leader, delivering their heads to the floor with such power that they immediately pass out, while Saber takes down the leader. I jump off the two I pushed down and leap over Saber's back, tackling the other Dark Warrior next to the young one, knocking him out as well. He turns his gun on me and I stand there, frozen.

Maybe my instincts were wrong about this Warrior, maybe he's just like the others. We stand there, eyes locked, his gun pointed at me and my claws out, body tense, ready to leap.