Chapter 28- The Realm

Author's Note: I hope you like my story! Feel free to voice your opinion, ask any questions and point out any mistakes I make.

Saber's POV

I wake up to a pounding ache in my head and my chest, but I push past the pain. I know that Nia didn't mean to hurt me, she just didn't want to talk. I was being too pushy.

I stand up on shaky legs and sense for Nia through our connection. In her panic, her wall has fallen. I can feel her despair and her guilt, and more importantly, her location. I run out of the house, desperate to catch up to her.

After running through the forest, I finally find her in the clearing that I found her in a few days ago. This time, she's on the very edge of the clearing, following the man that she was talking to a couple nights ago into the forest. He disappears into a portal, and she's still following.

"Nia!" I shout, hoping that she'll stay here and not follow him wherever that portal leads. But she looks at me shocked and sad as her momentum carries her forward through the portal.

I sprint forward, but the portal is closed. It must be only accessible to people with Dark and Earth powers, or it's a pocket realm that the man, Amaro I think, owns. If that's the case, he controls who goes in and out. I'll stick with that, since I'm not sure what powers he has.

I roar, releasing my frustration and pain at losing Nia. I will get her back.

I always get her back.

But, I might need some backup... again.

I quickly travel to the human realm, running through the night. I get there in about a day's time, absolutely exhausted but not wanting to sleep. I burst into the living room and the smell of lunch is coming from the kitchen. Ivy and Wolf leap up from the couch that they were sitting very close to each other on, and Ivy hugs me.

Once she finally lets me go, her smile quickly turns into a concerned frown.

"Saber, where's Nia? I don't smell her." Ivy asks, stepping away from me. My body tenses and sorrow threatens to overwhelm me. I quickly push it down; I won't let it control me.

"Nia went into a realm that I can't get into, I think it's a pocket realm, and that the owner convinced her to go in there with him." I growl menacingly, turning my depression into anger.

"What?! You have to be kidding me!" Ivy exclaims, then whispers "What's a pocket realm?"

"A pocket realm is a small realm, usually about the size of a house, that can be made by someone powerful, ancient or both. Sometimes the barriers can be broken so we can enter the pocket realm, but it depends on who made it, and how strong they are." Wolf explains.

"Yeah. The problem is, I don't know who this Amaro person is. I can sense that he's powerful, but he looks like he's in his early 20's, but appearances can be deceiving." I state, still slightly growling. Ivy and Wolf look at each other, having their own private conversation.

"Do you think she can help? She might know something about him, because, you know." Ivy whispers. Wolf nods and replies

"We should bring him along and explain." They turn to me and motion for me to follow them. We all walk upstairs to the third floor, and we go to the end of the hall. Stopping in front of the final door, Ivy lifts her fist and confidently knocks on it. A girl that I haven't met opens the door, and her eyes widen at me in recognition.

"Saber!" The girl exclaims, clapping in excitement.

"Uh, who's she?" I ask, pointing to the stranger. Ivy rolls her eyes and pushes me into the room and quickly following with Wolf, slams the door behind us.

"Saber, this is Angel. She's an actual angel and is mine and Nia's guardian. Angel, as you already know since you've seen him while watching over Nia, this is Saber." Ivy introduces us.

"So basically she has watched over you and Nia for your whole lives. Isn't that kinda creepy?" I say, a bit uncomfortable with the whole situation. They all laugh

"Yeah, I guess you could see it like that." Angel smiles, but it quickly falls. "Speaking of Nia, what has happened? I can't sense her anymore."

"She went into a realm, presumed a pocket realm, with a man called Amaro. He is powerful, but..." I start to say, but Angel cuts me off.

"You don't have to say any more Saber." Angel snarls "I know who Amaro is."

Angel's POV

Just thinking of that man makes me want to scream in rage. I hate Amaro. He is the one that killed the first person I guarded.

Flashback

"Amaro, why are you doing this? Why have you changed? What happened?" She sobs as Amaro coldly grins at her.

"This was never love, sweetheart. I don't love anyone." He says, putting his hands on either side of her neck while he said it. With a smirk at her tears, he twists her neck and lets her body crumple to the ground.

Helpless to change it, since Amaro is older and stronger than me, I scream in rage and pain. I will get my revenge against that soulless jerk.

End of Flashback

"I know who Amaro is." I say, motioning for them to sit. Ivy and Wolf sit on my bed, but Saber stays standing, even though the bags under his eyes are showing. "He's a powerful immortal, essentially the King of Darkness and Earth. But, he's more known for his title as The Leader of the Dark Warriors, and The Original Dark Warrior. The Dark Warriors are all extensions of him, since each new recruit gets Darkness put in their soul to bind themselves to the Queen for their whole life. That Darkness is usually from Amaro. The thing is, today's Queen doesn't directly know about Amaro, but that's a story for another time."

"What does Amaro want with Nia?" Saber asks.

"I don't know. Maybe he's manipulating her so she becomes a perfect queen when she kills her aunt and replaces her." I shrug. Saber gapes at me, shocked.

"So that's what she chose. She's going to lose her memory and kill someone rather than lose those powers?!" He exclaims in rage. I shake my head, explaining

"No, not just for her powers. Each night that she sleeps, I have seen her nightmares. I am not causing them, and I can not change them, so they must be somehow caused by Amaro, but they do show a possible future. In the future, Cora captures you all and tortures Nia and Ivy until they become her perfect minions, then they kill you all. It destroys the Nia in the dream, and the actual Nia. She doesn't want any chance of that happening. She loves you Saber. She'd do anything to save you, and the ones she cares about, like her aunt and uncle and everyone in this house."

"There has to be another way." Saber chokes out, tears uncontrollably brimming in his eyes. I shake my head sadly.

"Sad to say there isn't." We are all silent after that, and Saber storms out to be alone, probably to go to Nia's room. Once he's gone, Wolf turns to me

"Angel, is there any way to get into Amaro's pocket realm?"

"No. He's too powerful. He was created with the very first Dark Earth Queen, because they were in love. Then, they had twins, and one of them replaced their mother as the queen. This made Amaro very angry, because he didn't want to live for eternity without his queen. But, he couldn't kill himself, he can only die the same way that each queen does, if someone replaces him. So, the massive power he got when he was created plus the immense amount of years that he has lived have caused his powers to grow. He's too powerful to get to, I'm sorry."

"It's fine." Wolf says, and pulls Ivy out of the room. I wish I could help more.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Author's Note:

Oh geez! Nia's choice has finally been said straight out, we know more about Amaro and a bit more about Angel. Bit of a crazy chapter. Sorry if it seems boring, I'm trying to make the story have twists and stuff to make it interesting. I hope you like it!

Question:
Do you think Nia is making the right choice of replacing her aunt?