Chapter 22- The Shouts

Author's Note: I hope you like my story! Feel free to voice your opinion, ask any questions and point out any mistakes I make.

Nia's POV

"Nia, wake up." A soothing voice calls to me. I grunt and ignore it, staying in my blissful sleep.

"Nia! Wake up! We are here, come on!" A voice shrilly squeals in excitement, making my eyes fly open.

"Of course she'd be the one that wakes you up." Saber grumbles. I look up at him from my position in his arms and laugh lightly at the angry look on his face.

"It's only because she squealed so high pitched." I clarify. Saber hoots with laughter, happy that it was simply the pitch of Ivy's voice that woke me. Ever since they rescued me, they have been getting on each other's nerves and fighting over me.

Flashback:

"Ivy, what do you think you are doing?!" I hear Saber exclaim in anger in my sleep, and my eyes fly open. He's standing in front and a bit below me, and I'm in somebody's arms.

"Saber? What's going on? Why am I on the stairs?" I look at who's carrying me and I see Ivy. "Why is Ivy carrying me?"

"That's what I'd like to know." Saber growls menacingly. Ivy growls back

"She needs fresh air, not to be cooped up in that room with you!"

"Have you ever considered the fact that if she wanted fresh air she'd ask to be taken outside, and if she wanted to stay 'cooped up' in her room, she would! Oh wait, that's what she was doing!" Saber yells at Ivy.

"How would you know if she wants fresh air or not?" Ivy replies  with a snotty attitude. Saber groans in irritation. It's coming off of him in waves, Ivy really riles him up.

"We're connection mates, I can tell what she is feeling, and I know her strongest thoughts, like how she's comfortable in her room with me!"

"She's comfortable being there because that's all she knows! Nia needs a change of scenery!" Ivy insists and tries to push Saber out of the way.

"What would that change of scenery be, back on the hard dining room table with no comfort? Or cramped in the guest room with 5 other girls? Or moving back and forth from the two all day!" Saber argues. This is getting so ridiculous. I'm tired of their bickering, it's just making me angry, and I should be in bed, asleep, not dealing with two year olds.

"Both of you, shut up now and let me speak! I am the one that this affects, not either of you!" I whip my head up to look at Ivy.

"First off, you! How dare you take me out of my bed, my comfort zone, when I am sleeping and unaware, and without my permission! I stay in my room because I need to feel comfortable while my body heals, and I need to be in a soft bed with my own space! And before you try and argue, how is sleeping in the same bed as Saber your own space, he only sleeps in the bed with me if I want him to! Most nights he sleeps on the floor next to my bed as a tiger, then wakes up and brings me breakfast and sits next to me on the bed while we talk!"

"And you!" I continue to yell in anger, but directing it at Saber. "Stop being so mean to my sister, she has good intentions and wants me to heal, even if she's going about it the wrong way! Now both of you stop arguing and let me decide what's best for me! I don't know why you guys always fight!"

"Ivy, if you are so annoyed because I spend a lot of time with Saber, well newsflash, it's because I don't want to be alone and bored, I need company! Saber knows this, and does exactly that, keeps me company! He has never hurt me, he always takes great care in avoiding scratches and broken bones. If you want to hang out, then come see me! If you want to see me alone, just ask! Saber can hang out with Wolf or whatever he does while I sleep, it's no big deal! Now one of you take me back to my bed and the other get me a cold glass of water with some pain pills please!"