Chapter 9- The Others

Author's Note: I hope you like my story! Feel free to voice your opinion, ask any questions and point out any mistakes I make.

Saber's POV

I run outside to follow Nia, not sure what's wrong. Her emotions are everywhere. I see her standing on the edge of the forest with her back turned to me. As quietly as I can, I creep up behind Nia, turn her around and bring her into a hug. I don't know what's wrong, but I do know she just needs support right now, and I can support her through anything.

"Nia, what's wrong? What happened in there to make you run out like that?" I quietly ask while rubbing my hand up and down her lower back. Nia exits the hug and walks a distance away. I don't say anything or move, letting her control the pace.

I hear her sigh, then she speedily turns, strides over to me and kisses me. I freeze up at first, shocked, but then I kiss her back. As quickly as the kiss started, Nia pulls away. She turns around, walks away and keeps her back to me, shoulders hunched. Through the connection her shock, regret and shame are pounding.

"Nia." I say. She shakes her head slightly. "Nia, turn around." Stubbornly, she shakes her head no again. I sigh and walk up to her and turn her around. Seeing her tears, I decide to hold her in place and look into her eyes, then speak to her through the connection.

"Nia, I love you, okay? Nothing will change that. I don't know what the kiss meant to you, but I know it meant something to me. Please don't ignore this."

"Saber, I think I love you too. The only thing is... I don't know what my heart is telling me. It's all too confusing, and these certain feelings have only recently been popping up... I just don't know, and I don't want to hurt you." I pull her into another kiss, this one longer, slower, sweeter. Still feeling her sadness, I hug her again and let her just stay there in my arms while she thinks.

Nia's POV

Damn you Saber for being so confusing. One minute you are so sweet, the next minute joking, and the next playful and kind of a jerk. I guess this was his tactic for hiding his love for me. I can tell he's loved me for a long time. I think I love him back, but how can you be sure? I've heard plenty of beautiful love stories, but I've also heard depressing ones. How do you truly know when you can trust someone with your heart?

My heart jumps whenever he comes near, speeds up whenever he touches me. I feel comforted by simply his presence. Even when I'm in the worst mood, he can make me laugh. He might act like an arrogant jerk sometimes, but he's also one of the sweetest and kindest people I know. All of his aspects make him, and all of his aspects are perfect the way they are. Yeah, pretty sure I'm in love.

Saber and I walk back inside once I break the hug, knowing he would have stood there holding me all day if I really wanted him to. Once we start walking, he grasps my hand in his. I look over to him, raising my eyebrow in my typical 'What the hell' face. Saber just grins back. I roll my eyes. When we walk back into the house, there are 9 people in the living room, a vast difference from the two people that were in there when we left.

"Um... hi?" I say, not really sure what to do. Saber squeezes my hand and the fear that was starting to escalate calms down.

"Hi Nia! This is everyone else that lives here." Ivy exclaims, running forward to hug me. Saber let's go of my hand so I can embrace my sister, but I grasp his hand once Ivy sits back down. After all of the craziness of the afternoon, I just need comfort.