Chapter 15- The Pain

Song: Bleeding Out by Imagine Dragons

Author's Note: I hope you like my story! Feel free to voice your opinion, ask any questions and point out any mistakes I make.

Nia's POV

I feel totally helpless. I can do nothing but watch my blood slowly drop off of my body, leaving trails down my clothes and skin, adding to the growing pool on and around my bare feet.

I shiver as a dark tendril brushes past my bare arms. I feel like I've been in this room for weeks, months even, but it probably has only been a couple days since I was brought here from my cell. There is simply no way to pass time, for no light shines in the room.

Unless she's here. 

Unless my Aunt Cora is here to push Darkness into my body, mind and soul to corrupt me and unleash my hidden power for controlling the elements of the Darkness and the Earth.

It's not just physical torture. That's what she started it as, but sometimes she shoves tendrils of Darkness into my body to roam around, infecting my mind and my very being. I don't know how long I can last this, whether I'll go insane from the pain of Darkness being shoved into my mind and corrupting my soul, or die from blood loss from the physical torture, or die from starvation or dehydration, or my mind will slip and I'll become my aunt's perfect heir. Whichever comes first, I suppose.

"You're forgetting an option." I hear in my mind. My heart fills with happiness and hope at the voice I hear, tears brimming in my eyes and rolling down my face, mixing with my blood.

"Saber." I whisper out loud and in my head in relief. But then, fear clutches my heart and I start to hyperventilate. "Saber, no. Sh..she told me that we can't communicate across realm barriers yet, our bond isn't that strong, and even if you were in the same realm, you'd have to be relatively close! What are you doing here! You need to leave before she finds you and you end up in the same situation as me!"

"Nia, calm down I'm perfectly fine, but what has the Queen done to you?" Saber asks. I shiver, unable to answer. Memories of the extreme pain fly through my head, and I am unable to stop them, unable to stop Saber from feeling it, seeing what I have seen, hearing what I have heard, everything that has happened. He is deathly silent, and I am scared that he has left me, or something happened to him.

"Saber, are you still there?" The hope that was gathering in my body starts to slowly leave the longer he doesn't reply, until I finally hear him snarl

"I'm here. I'm going to kill her for hurting you. I'm sorry Nia but I honestly don't care that she's your aunt, I will see to it that she dies."

"Saber, she can't die." I start to cry harder, full sobs shaking my body, causing me a lot of pain.

"What? What do you mean? Everyone can die." Saber states, very confused. I explain through our connection.

"At one point, she was trying to convince me that what she was doing to unlock the supposed power I have is a good thing for me, because I can take over her role as queen. She was saying all of the assets to being the Dark Earth Queen, and one of them is only your successor can kill you by taking your power and therefore your life force and bringing it into their own body. That's how the Queen changes. She can only die if I replace her, and take her power." Saber replies, his voice filled with pain and denial

"No. Nia, there has to be another way, we will find another way together, but to do that, we have to get you out of there. Don't worry, we'll be in to get you tomorrow."

"Wait Saber, how many days has it been?" I shakily ask.

"As of tomorrow, it would have been 4 days since you were taken." He sighs. "I do really have to go now, but don't worry we'll get you out. I love you."