Chapter 10- The Change

Author's Note: I hope you like my story! Feel free to voice your opinion, ask any questions and point out any mistakes I make.

Ivy's POV

I don't hear any speaking near me, so I decide to open my eyes to see if anyone is around. I groan in annoyance. Passing out, seriously? Ugh, I must have seemed so weak, and that is one thing I absolutely can not stand. I sit up and look around the room I'm in. I'm still in the living room, but I'm on the couch by myself, and the room seems to have been emptied except for two people.

"Hey, lovebirds, I'm awake now." I say to them. No reaction. Not even growling from Saber. Oh, right, they must be talking to each other through their connection thing. I stand up and walk over to where they are sitting, and I yell "Hi!"

Saber and Nia jump, and I burst out laughing. Nia scowls while Saber growls, and they both send me death glares.

"Ivy, we were in the middle of a very important conversation." Nia scolds. I scoff and roll my eyes

"Yeah, sure." I say sarcastically. "You were having a totally serious conversation, not all about how you both love each other so and want to be together forever, your love transcends all, etcetera, etcetera." I wave my hands around dramatically and stride out of the living room. I only make it to the stairs when I feel a hand on my wrist.

"Hey, wait a minute sis, we still need to help you turn." Nia states excitedly. I inwardly groan, wishing I could just run upstairs and lock myself away in my room.

Nia's POV

"Wow Marie, this house is amazing!" I exclaim once Marie had finished showing us around. There's a massive basement that's filled with spider webs and dust from little to no activity down there, and even a comfy spacious attic with lots of chairs and bookshelves!

On the first floor, there's the living room, a big kitchen, a dining room, Marie's bedroom, a bathroom, and a closet.

On the second floor, it's all bedrooms and bathrooms.

On the third floor, there are even more bedrooms and bathrooms! Saber and I got to pick our own temporary rooms on the third floor, and mine is absolutely lovely. It has a double bed, a dark wood desk, a dark dresser with a TV on top of it, and the walls are painted a dark purple. The whole room has a purple and black color scheme, which is extremely to my liking.

Remembering my plans for the day, I quickly grab Saber's hand and shout bye to Marie as I search for Ivy. I found her in the backyard looking into the forest.

"Wow, you must be eager to start running around in there." I tease lightly. Ivy snorts and turns to look at me with a nervous smile

"More like nervous. Does changing hurt?"

"The first couple times, yes. But as you get used to it, it hurts less each time, until it doesn't hurt at all. Also don't worry, we keep our clothes." I smile softly back at Ivy and walk over to her, bringing her into a hug. "You have nothing to worry about, Saber and I are here to help you through the whole process."

"I'll help as well." I hear a deep voice say, and my body tenses, on high alert. I feel Saber tense as well and he moves closer to me as we look for the source of the voice.

"Really Wolf? You'd do that?" Ivy exclaims happily while looking behind us. Saber and I turn around. I relax but I can still sense Saber's unease and lack of trust towards Wolf.

"Of course. You were my first true friend here, and I helped other first time shifters when I still lived in my realm." Wolf explains.

"Great!" I cheerily reply. "Someone with more experience with helping others will probably come in handy, and having a good friend here that she knows well will help Ivy relax enough to change." Wolf nods in agreement.

"I'll let you lead though, since you are the same breed as shapeshifters."

"Thanks." I grin at him, then turn back to Ivy.

"Okay, Ivy, I want you to imagine a cat, any cat. Imagine it in your mind, and empty your mind of everything else." I softly say, hoping my tone of voice calms her.

"Breathe deeply in and out, stay calm and have your heart beating slow and relaxed." Wolf adds in a similar tone to me.

"Next, imagine your body changing to look like that cat. Imagine your hands becoming paws, your fingers turning into claws, your teeth becoming sharper as your mouth enlarges, your arms and legs change size and shape, growing soft fur. Imagine whiskers coming out of your cheeks, and your nose flattening. Imagine your ears becoming cat shaped. Imagine every aspect of your body changing to fit the cat you see in your mind." I soothingly finish.

Ivy's POV

"Imagine every aspect of your body changing to fit the cat you see in your mind." Nia says, and I feel my body tingling, then my bones and limbs start to snap, move, adapt into becoming the leopard I imagined in my mind. I scream in pain, unable to hold it in. It feels like every bone in my body was just snapped in multiple places and my limbs got torn out of their sockets and moved. Fur shoots out of my body everywhere, actually tickling and hurting in a weird way.

I whimper once the change has finished, feeling super sore. I collapse on the ground, feeling 4 legs under my body instead of two. For a second I panic until I remember what I was doing. I was successful! I whoop in happiness, but it comes out as a roar.

Another roar similar to mine rings out into the air, and I look over to where it came from, seeing two leopards next to each other. One has Nia's blue-green eyes and the other has Saber's glittering green ones. Saber is bigger than Nia, which makes sense since in most species of anything the male is bigger.

Nia comes running over to me, excitedly sprinting circles around me. I cautiously stand on my feet - no, paws, - not having the desire to fall over again. Shakily, I start to take baby steps, my joy growing every time I take one successfully. After a bit I'm taking longer steps, and I start to walk faster and faster, until I start to run. I dive into the forest, almost immediately syncing with my new body, moving in fluid, natural movements.

I let out another excited roar, and Nia echoes it. Saber intertwines his roar with Nia's, making even a roar sound beautiful with both of their voices in it. They are truly perfect for each other. I hope I find someone that will fit perfectly with me like that.

I hear a wolf howl join in, and I smile at the thought that Wolf joined us for the run through the woods. When I first met him, he was really closed off and not friends with anyone here, but I got him to open up and defrost a bit with me. I'm still making progress, but I won't stop trying. Letting out one final exuberant roar, I charge forward, testing my new body.

A man on the edge of the forest listens to the roars and the occasional wolf howls launching themselves into the sky. Grinning evilly, he pulls out his phone, dialing a number.

"What now?" A woman snaps on the other side of the call.

"My Queen, I found them." The man says. The woman smiles.

"Perfect. You know what to do."

"Yes, My Queen."