Chapter 12- The Preparation

Author's Note: I hope you like my story! Feel free to voice your opinion, ask any questions and point out any mistakes I make.

Saber's POV

I roar in agony as I feel Nia getting farther and farther away from me.

"I was too late!" I yell, and start to run back to the house. I know where they are talking Nia, they are taking her back to our realm and to the evil Dark Earth Queen.

She controls Darkness and the Earth, is pure evil with no mercy and a malicious and twisted way of thinking. I don't care who she is. If she hurts Nia, I will murder her without a second thought.

I hear Ivy and Wolf behind me, but I don't stop. I continue running and I don't stop until I reach the house. Molly is pacing in the backyard when I burst through the trees into the yard, and she looks up at me in relief.

"Saber! You're okay! I heard the Dark Hound howl and I was so worried about all of you." She pauses. "Wait... where are the others?!" I turn into my human form and growl

"They took Nia. Ivy and Wolf are behind me." I storm off to go to the front of the house and go after Nia, but Molly grabs my wrist before I can walk past her.

"What do you think you're doing? If you go after Nia alone, you'll just end up dead. You need backup. Good thing we have some powerful friends." Molly smirks. I inwardly groan, but I can't disagree. There will be a bigger chance of getting Nia if a group of people go, not just me. Ivy and Wolf finally launch themselves into the back yard, and I wave for them to follow.

Ivy's POV

I pace around in the living room as Molly gets everyone else in the house down here to discuss rescue plans for Nia. Saber is sitting on the couch with his he's in his hands, moping. I growl at him, and Saber's eyes whip up to lock with mine as anger flickers dangerously in their green depths.

"What do you want Ivy?" He snaps at me.

"I want to know what you are doing to help my sister!" I shout at him in frustration. Saber suddenly stands, and I back up as he snarls at me

"Newsflash princess" he sneers in a mocking tone "your sister has been my best friend for as long as I can remember, and is my connection mate. So don't get snappy at me and saying I'm doing nothing to help the love of my life when actually it's you who's doing nothing! So stay out of my way!" Saber pushes past me and bolts up the stairs.

I growl angrily. I know about their relationship, but she's still my twin! Also, he's not the one that's down here waiting for the others to make a plan, now is he? No, he probably ran off to his room.

I sigh and sit on the couch waiting for everyone. Luckily, I don't have to wait long as Molly walks in with everyone behind her. I sit silently as they all settle. I feel a presence standing next to me and see Wolf standing there looking down at me with a small smile. I smile back, silently thanking him for his presence. It helps more that he knows.

Nia's POV

I groan and open my eyes to see a black ceiling above me. Sitting up, I scan the room I am being held in and see it's all dark colors, but thankfully not all black. Dark greens, browns and reds are moved in with the small amount of decoration in this barren cell.

I walk slowly over to the door, still a bit out of it, and try to open it. Unsurprisingly, the door is locked and the only open part of it is a small hole only big enough to fit some food and a bottle of water through.

Growling in frustration, I hopelessly try to find a possible escape route. The window high above my head is too small to fit through anyway, and if I could become something that small, I couldn't get up there to escape. I also don't know how high up I am, I could be 10 floors above the ground, or my window could be facing a cliff, since the Dark Earth Queen resides in the Dark Mountains to the north of Gato Reino. This is so hopeless.

Then, I suddenly remember the last thing I saw before being knocked out. That guard, the friendly young one that helped me out and didn't kill me when the Dark Warriors attacked my village looking for me. But how could I get a message to him? Also, would he help? If we got caught, he would die. No chance of anything other than that happening. I flop back onto my bed with a sigh, staring at the dull ceiling.

Suddenly, the door is pulled open with a creak and a Warrior walks in, announcing words that send fear pulsing into my heart.

"The Queen wants to see you." I shake my head in denial. No way am I going to see her. Who knows what will happen to me?

The Warrior steps farther into the room and closer to me, and I back away in fear. Maybe I can get past him to run through the open doorway.

He must have seen me slightly eyeing the doorway, for he runs forward with surprising speed and hits me hard in the head. Yet again, the darkness surrounds me as I lose consciousness.

Saber's POV

I storm upstairs to Nia's room and slam her door shut, needing privacy for what I'm trying to do. I sit on Nia's bed and breathe deeply in, smelling her strong scent of roses and lavender. Diving into our connection, I try to connect my mind to hers and speak with her or sense where she is, anything. It doesn't work. She must still be passed out, or too far beyond my reach. Our connection is new, there could be limits to it that we don't know about. I fall back onto her bed, basking in her sweet scent. I feel my eyelids droop and I fall into a deep sleep.

Ivy's POV

Feeling very frustrated, I growl at how our plans aren't getting anywhere. I hear a sharp intake of breath and look towards where it came from, seeing Jake standing with his mouth hanging open, head tilted slightly up towards the ceiling and his once hazel eyes are completely white. He must be having a premonition! What if it can help us?

A few minutes later, Jake gasps again and his eyes are back to normal.

"My premonition..." He starts, slowly going back to sitting on the couch. Premonitions severely drain his energy.

"What was it about?" I ask impatiently. Jake looks at me with exhaustion clearly in his eyes.

"It's a way we can save Nia."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Author's Note:

Hehe! I just love cliffhangers, don't you? 😉😈 Sorry, I'm a bit of an evil author who likes to have crazy unexpected stuff happen in the story and end on cliffhangers to make you want to read more just to find out what happens. Anyway, onto the question!

Question:
Who's your favorite character so far in the story?

Personally, I think Saber is. Then again I made him the way I imagine a perfect boy in my head so of course he'll be awesome!

If you want to ask me any questions, or suggest one to put at the end of a chapter, then go ahead!

~Cat Queen