Chapter 18- The Fight

Song: Battle Cry by Imagine Dragons

Author's Note: I hope you like my story! Feel free to voice your opinion, ask any questions and point out any mistakes I make.

Saber's POV

The Dark Earth Castle looms before us in all of its glory. Made of dark stone, it is truly a magnificent and massive building. With towers poking up around the edge of the castle and at least 3 floors in the main building, it must be a maze of hallways and rooms inside. There's only one place that interests me in this whole castle: the dungeon. That is most definitely where Nia will be found, especially because underground, encased in earth, the Queen Cora would most likely be stronger... and would inflict more pain against my beloved Nia.

With that thought, I growl and change into human form after changing into a chimera briefly to fly up the mountain quickly. I bang my fist on the door, change into a tiger, and leap on the Dark Warrior that opens the door, knocking him unconscious before stepping into the huge front room. The ceiling reaches high above my head, and the room itself could probably second as a ballroom its that large.

Good, it's big enough to hold my chimera form, which will make fighting easier, especially if Dark Hounds get involved.

I shift and growl, letting the others in my group and the attacking group know they can come in from their hiding spot outside the castle. It also lets the Dark Warriors, and Queen Cora, know we're here. If Queen Cora knows we are here, then Nia probably will as well.

Dark Warriors pour into the front room while Molly, Amy, Jake, Wolf and Ivy run in through the front door, immediately taking up a fighting stance. There's a lot here, probably meaning there won't be as many throughout the castle. I bet the Queen thought that we'd get defeated by sheer numbers right here and now.

No way is that happening.

I don't need two people coming with me to rescue Nia if most of the Warriors are here anyway, and Ivy will most definitely demand she comes with me. As the Dark Warriors run around us capturing our group in the middle, I shift back into my human form and walk over to Wolf.

"Hey Wolf, I think it's best if you stay here and help distract the Warriors while Ivy and I find Nia. There's a lot here, so there won't be as many in the halls, Ivy and I can handle it." Wolf nods in understanding, shifts to a wolf and howls. I look at Ivy and nod, shifting into a chimera. Ivy shifts as well, and we roar simultaneously, making some Warriors visibly shake like a leaf in the wind out of fear.

I charge forward, swiping my gigantic paws at the Warriors, brushing them aside like they are no more than bugs in my way. I snap my jaw at some who are specifically irritating, and as I continue to attack, a pathway rapidly clears in front of me. I roar to signal Ivy.

Turning into a tiger, I start running through the halls, letting the connection pull me to Nia. I hear Ivy's soft footfalls behind me and we don't see any Dark Warriors on our run through the castle hallways. I finally found a corner, and at the other end of the long hallway I am standing in is

the only girl I've ever loved,

the biggest reason I get up in the mornings, to see her smiling face,

my connection mate,

my Nia.

Ivy's POV

When we enter the forest, we all turn into animals, most of us leopards, with the help of Star and Amy. Saber leads the way to the portal to the realm that I am originally from, the realm that holds my home, the Cat Kingdom, Gato Reino. I wonder if Nia and I can visit our parents after all of this blows over.