18. Emotional Meadows

~~Bradley~~

I was up bright and early this morning because Justine claims that waking up early makes for an eventful day.

I was sat at my desk going through some move-in day pamphlets for school when my dad walked in. Yep, he walked right in. No hesitation whatsoever.

"Hey Kiddo" he greeted me, as he sat on my disheveled bed.

"Dad, I'm not kiddo anymore. Bradley works just fine."

"That isn't what I'm here to talk about son, I just want you to have a great time with whomever this lucky lady is. I could get you two a car for the day if you'd like. I'll sit the company card right here," he slid the card onto my desk and walked towards the door before pausing, "have fun, I'll see you before you head out tomorrow."

I'm surprised he even remembers that I'm leaving for college tomorrow.

"Dad. You know I don't need any of that stuff. I'll be fine, we'll be fine."

"I know but, just in case. I just want you to impress her."

"I want me to impress her too, just.... Just not with all of this." I gestured to the card sitting on my desk. I'm not like him, I don't want to get what I want because of who I am.

"Well, my offer still stands, son." and with that he walked out.

"Yeah, love you too." I said to the now closed door.

I stood up and headed to my closet "Now what the hell do I wear?" I rummaged through my closet, opting for a short-sleeved button up and khakis. My phone started to ring just as I slid my oxfords on and reached for my keys.

I didn't even bother to check the caller ID, "Hello-hello!" I greeted the person on the other end cheerfully.

"Uh yes, hello, am I speaking to Bradley Jameston Jr.?"

"This is he, what exactly can I do for you?"

"I'm a reporter for Fox29 news and I'd like to ask you a fe---"

"Whoa whoa whoa, no. Not at all. I don't have any rights to answer whatever questions you intend to ask me. I'd suggest a more reliable source, say perhaps my father?"

"Well sir, this will only take a mo--" I sighed and ended the call, grabbing my wallet and dad's business card before heading to his office.

I didn't even bother to knock this time, "Hey dad, I'm gonna head out. I'll be home around, hell, I don't even know." I didn't wait for his response, I just shut the door and walked out of the house.

I noticed dad had the company bring a car to the house, it was a nice car but, I walked past it, straight to mine. I sent Justine a text before I pulled out of the driveway.

Me: I'll swing by in a bit, text me your address....wow I sound creepy.

Justine: 213 Belleview ave, the house with the red door and the obnoxious teen boy cutting the grass.

Me: alright, I'm assuming the teen is your brother?

Justine: barely even share the same blood.

Me: you're so harsh! Lol I guess I'll see you in a bit.

I pulled into her driveway slowly, as her, I'm assuming, younger brother glared at me as he raked the leaves.

"Hey, uuuum is Justine here?" I asked as he stared straight into my soul.

"What's it to you?" He glared.