14. Trust me will ya?

***Bradley***

Here I am, sitting in the passenger seat of my own car. She won't even let me turn on the radio.

"So what you're saying is, because I was an insensitive dick, you get to make all of the decisions?"

"That is what I said.... Is it not?" She laughed.

"Ya know, you can connect your phone to the-"

"Don't you dare bring my baby into this!" She glared at me from the corner of her eye. "Don't. You. Dare."

We've been driving around for hours and I'm pretty sure we've passed this Target 5 times.... I wonder if...

"Hey, can I ask you something?" I began.

"No, we aren't stopping for a bathroom break and no, you're not driving."

"Well fine." I shrugged, "that's not what I was going to ask you though."

"Alright then, shoot."

"Do you even know where you're going?" I watched her as she thought of something to say, "I mean, it's almost 8:30 and we haven't stopped once, and we need gas." I pointed towards the gas gauge.

"I know where I'm going." She said holding onto the steering wheel tightly, with her eyes still stuck on the road.

"Whatever you saaay." I reclined my chair back and closed my eyes.

"What are you doing?" she asked looking over to me for a brief moment, then back to the road ahead.

"What do you mean, what am I doing? I'm going to sleep. You know where you're going right?"

"Yes, I know where I'm going..... I think." She squinted at the sign ahead of us.

"Take this exit." I sat up pointing towards the exit.

"What exit?"

This is what I get for letting her drive. I laughed to myself. "The one ahead of us."

She turned off of the highway and looked at me with a raised brow, "Now what?"

"Pull over here." I nodded toward the side of the road and pulled out my phone.

"Pull over?! This is how people die in movies Bradley! Girl pulls over, hears noises outside, gets out like an idiot and bam, she's never seen again."

I stared as I shook my head, "What?" she questioned.

"If anything happens just know, all I really have to do is outrun you." I laughed and she slapped my shoulder.

"That is NOT funny!"

"Okay okay, just trust me, will ya?" I slid out of the passenger seat and walked around the front of the car and tapped on the window signalling for her to roll it down. "Licence and registration please..." she smiled and rolled her eyes, "you wanna slide over so that I can get us back to the hotel in one piece?"

"Who says I want to go back to that boring hotel anyway?" she retorted and slid over.

"I, for one, miss the food soooo stop objecting and put your seat belt on princess." I said getting into the driver's seat.

"Don't you have gps on your phone?"

"Well, yeah but, what loser uses gps?" To be honest I almost whipped out my gps like 50 times but I liked the thought of being lost with her. Wow, that came out really creepy. "besides, nothing beats the thrill of being lost."

"Are you out of your mind?! Who in their right mind thinks it's fun to get lost?" Man, she really rolls her eyes a lot.

"I'm in my right mind and I think it's quite fun. Are you saying I'm crazy?"