8. Not so bad

~Bradley~

Well, I ve been living in Hunting Valley Ohio for about 4 months now. I graduated with honors and I even went from the so so football player in Pennsylvania to the "Who is that kid! He's talented!" here in Ohio. Yeah I miss my friends but, we'll see each other in three weeks once we get on campus! I decided I would go to college back in PA I mean, I miss home, and I'd be away from my parents!

I got accepted to Penn State Main, I couldn't be more proud of myself. Dad thinks I should've stayed in Ohio but, yeah, no.

"Bradley don't forget to call home once you get to the hotel ok?" My mom really worries too much. A few old buddies of mine invited me to a graduation/hotel party, don't know why they threw it so late though. It's sort of our last hoorah before our first semester. I'm soooo looking forward to these next 14 days!

"Don't worry mom, I'll call you twice if I have to. I'll see you guys in a few weeks."

"And don't you go getting too comfortable with those loose Virginia Beach girls either!"

"Mooooom, I'll be fine. I'm not thaaat stupid."

"Ok sweetheart, I'll miss you. Your father will miss you too, now go have some fun!" I kissed her goodbye and grabbed my suitcase. Dad's hardly even been home. I mean, it doesn't bother me but I can tell it's bothers mom. It's like all he does is work.

I backed out of the driving and honked my horn as a final goodbye to my mom and I was off. I'm gonna make the best of these next two weeks!

~Justine~

This summer can't such any more ass than it already has. I literally have no life, Kara had already left me and went to UCLA, I miss her sooo much. I mean, she gets to live it up in Cali and I'm just here like "yay...PA."

We Skype for 4 hours yesterday, more like I sat there and listened to her be excited. I'm proud of her though.

"Justine! Before you leave, can you drop this box off at the Wilson's?"

What the fuck? "What boxes?"

"Hell, I don't know what's in it. The UPS guy dropped it off at the wrong house." My dad never seizes to amaze me with his Good Samaritan-es, is that even a word?

"Alright! Did you get a chance to check my tires?"

......ok or don't answer me, whatever. I swear if I get stranded on a highway I'm gonna be pissed. I grabbed my suit cases and threw them down the stairs. What the fuck did I pack? I really need to rethink my necessities. I basically kicked them the rest of the way down.

"Was that necessary?"

"Where you gonna help me?"

"Well, no but....."

"Bye dad!" My little brother Benji (who's bigger than me, no surprise there.) walked into the den and grabbed my suit cases.

"So if you get lost and die or something, can I have your room?" he's so luck he's carrying my stuff, I'd kick the shit out of him.

"No, you little shit."

"Dad! Did you hear what Justine just said to me!?"

"Ben stop making your sister angry." my dad replied and walked into the living room. I stuck my tongue at at Benji and went to get the random box my dad was yapping about.

"Justine, don't forget to call your mother."

"I won't, I won't. Goodbye Dad!" I skipped out the door and to my car. I got it as a graduation gift, her name's Betsy. She's a perfect metallic royal blue Scion tc and I love every inch of her. I put the stupid box in the passengers seat while my brother put my stuff in the trunk.

"So you really wont let me have your room if you die? Shit, I'll take it anyway. You'll be dead."

"You little fucker! Dad, Benji is out here swearing!"

"AM NOT! SHE'S LYING!" he yelled back as he slammed the truck and ran back into the house.

Two weeks of no rules for once! I can actually live a little. Maybe meet a cute boy or two? I plugged my iPhone into my car and Chariots of Fire by Travis Garland was the first on my iTunes playlist! I swear I'm gonna marry that man one day. His voice!

I backed out of the driveway and drove down the road. "Now, where the fuck do the Wilson's live?"

I drove like four houses down from mine and voila! "My little shithead of a brother couldn't have walked it here?" I pulled into their driveway turned down my music. I walked up their front stairs, knowed like 4 (not even once) times and shoved the package in between their storm door and the actual door and walked away.

I hopped back into my car, turned the music back up and I was free for two weeks! I'm just not ok with this 2 hour drive to the hotel, on the bright side we're staying at the Palomar!