22. Moving In

Justine

I woke up to the sweet sound of Benji and his dang guitar right next to my head.

"Really Benji? It's 6 in the morning, what are you doing!? Get out of my room!" I sleepily swatted at him and slid out of bed.

"I just figured the faster you're up, the faster you can get out of my new room." He smirked and did one last obnoxious strum before sprinting out of my room.

"You're dead!" I hoped out of bed and fell flat on my face. "uuugh you little dickhole!" I shouted as I dragged myself up from the floor.

Today was the day. The first day of the next 4 years of my life. The day I can finally say I'm out of here!

I took a look around my partially empty room and smiled. I'm definitely out of here.

"Hey sweetheart, your father and I wanted to give you this before you hit the road." I turned to find my parents standing in the doorway. I looked at my mom confused until I saw what was dangling between her fingers. Car keys.... She was holding car keys.

"Well don't just stand there," she smiled. "Come here pumpkin!" I squealed and ran straight to her.

"Thank you thank you thank you! What is it?! Can I see it? What are you doing with my old car?!"

"Well gee you're welcome." My dad spoke sarcastically.

"Thank you daddy!" I hugged him and ran straight for the garage.

I stood in front of my new car in complete shock. I didn't know if I should cry or what. Like, my heart pooped its pants.

"Justine, you've made your mother and I extremely proud. You've grown into a stunning young woman and what better way to send you off to the college of your dreams than in a BMW? Besides, Benji wants to work on getting his permit so we figured your Scion would be great practice."

I stared at my parents in complete shock.

"You guys got me a BMW! Oh my gosh!" the next thing I knew I was flailing my arms and doing the running man.

"Alright alright, get your things together, you have check-in in a few hours." My dad kissed my forehead and retreated to the kitchen.

"I have a freaking fracking BMW! Me! Justine Halloway! Pulling whips like I stole somethin'!" I danced in circles around my baby, I'll name her Stacy, no Brenda!

I spent about 30 minutes getting my things together and eating frosted flakes before I headed out the door. My parents had already gone to work and Benji had football practice so it was just me. Before I knew it I was doing a final walkthrough and shutting off all the lights. I set the alarm and out the door I went.

I checked my phone and noticed I had 8 new texts. 7 from Brad and 1 from Kara.

Brad: You awake yet?

Brad: You seriously better not be sleeping.

Brad: I may actually keep your monkey.

Brad: Ok, I'm heading out, I'll see you when you get to campus for check-in.

Brad: Maybe later you can help me with my apartment?

Brad: This traffic can suck my balls.

Brad: Pretty sure you lotion is spilled somewhere, my car smells like you. I'm not complaining though.

Kara: Bitch! I got my nipples pierced! Pics later. Have fun at college mujer! Kisses xx

Oh man, I miss that psycho. I slid into the driver's seat and it felt so foreign. I texted my parents that I was leaving and backed out of the driveway, headed straight for my future.