13. I'm an idiot

***Bradley!***

I was awakened once again by the pounding on my door. "It's open Rick! Damn!!"

The door opened and I knew in that instance I'd regret leaving that door unlocked.

"Dude! There's a massive pool party today! You've got to come." He pleaded.

"And why exactly have I 'got' to attend this pool party? Besides, I have plans." I explain, getting out of bed and shuffling toward the kitchen. "Did you get any bagels in your suite? I'm pretty sure I'm supposed to have bagels. I did read that in the pamphlet right?"

"What the hell? Bagels? I think I did but then again-- wait! Are you coming or not?!"

"Just let me text Justine quick." I tell him taking a swig of orange juice and grabbing my phone from the counter. I wonder if she's awake yet.

"Already got those digits? Atta boy Brad!"

"Shut up!" I tossed the carton back into the fridge and texted Justine.

"Hey, you awake yet? I was thinking maybe we could walk the boardwalk for a bit later?" I pressed send and instantly regretted ever single word and letter I just sent. You know that feeling you get after you text someone and you're just like "WHY DID I SAY THAT! I WORDED THAT SO WRONG!"? Yeah. That's me.

I went to the bathroom to shower and stuff, leaving Rick standing in the middle of my suite waiting for a response.

"Brad, I will literally stand here until I get a response. Giiiiiirls, barely covered breasts, and exposed asses galore!!"

"I don't caaaaaare." I sang from inside the bathroom. I double checked my teeth after brushing twice and walked out. Checking my phone every 2 seconds for Justine to text back.

"So did she respond yet cause I really want to go and---"

"No, she didn't and just go on without me." I cut him off, sliding a random tee over my head.

"Look, just come down for a bit. If she responds you can bail and do God knows what, God knows where. Alright?"

"Whatever you say. I'll go, but only because I'm bored."

Rick and I joked about the time Brenda fell face first into his pool 2 summers ago and cried until her parents came to get her.

"I actually felt kinda bad for her though." I confessed.

"Why, that was epic. I've gotta find that video!"

"Dude she had to get stitches over her left eye from smacking her head on the side of the pool."

"Seriously? And no one got a picture of it! Oh c'mon!" Ok, Rick can be.... Is a dick. We've been friends since first grade though so I'm used to it.

The elevator opened signaling it was our stop and I trudged down the hall towards the pool deck. "I can already hear the obnoxious fake laughter of future trophy wives. Is it too late to go back?" I asked.

"Yes. No come along young grasshopper, there are asses afoot!"

I walked in and directly across the pool my eyes trail right to her. Justine. What is she doing here? Before I could even think of where Kara was, Weston Shetfield was handing her what looked like her phone. What the shit?!

I look over to were Rick was standing only to find him not there. So much for backup. I turned back in the direction of Justine and walked. I don't know what I was going to say but, here goes. I went straight for her, dodging make-out sessions and girls throwing themselves at me. I got to her just as he Wes dove into the pool. I reached for her arm and said, more angry than I'd liked "What was that?!"

I lead her towards the exit, we got a quarter of the way there before she spun around and shouted "what is going on?!" Then she went silent.

"What was that Justine? You can go handing out your number to random guys but not respond to my text?" She looked more puzzled than angry now.

"What are you talking about?!" She asked.

"That guy just handed you YOUR phone! Why would he have it?"

"That was not what it looked like." She must think I'm an idiot!

"Oh really so, that wasn't YOUR phone he was handing back to you? I though we had plans today but, I see you'd rather be at a pool party with complete strangers."

"No, well yeah, wait no, I know this sounds cliché but it's not what it looks like at all, I saw I had a text from you and I was about to respond but some guy came flying at me and my phone swan dives into the water and he swam to the bottom of the pool to get it." She waved her water logged phone in my face. "See? Broken. I didn't even get to read your text."

Holy shit. Fuck my life! I'm an asshole! I'm an idiot. Dammit!

"Uhhhh..." I couldn't form words. I nervously scratched the back of my neck, I'd just made a dick move and I can't take it back.

"Uhhhh what Bradley?" She smirked. Does she think this is funny? "You think I, of all people would be giving my number out to random hot guys? No no no, not I."

"It's just that, Weston, well he's like Satan to women." Well it was true. He's stolen almost every single god damned woman I ever dated. So Satan fits.

"You owe me an apology, Bradley." She said becoming excruciatingly serious. Who knew she was so bipolar?

"I'm sorry Justine, I'm a dick.... But within good reason."

"I accept your apology."

I breathed a sigh of relief. Thank God!

"I seriously feel like such a dick right now." I looked around only to notice almost half of the people standing around us were staring.

"You wanna maybe get out of here?" I asked.

"That'd be great." I nodded towards the door and followed her as we exited the pool deck.

"So where are we running away to?" She asked, breaking the comfortable silence.

I was mainly quiet because I didn't want to risk sounding any more like a dick head. Plus, I was waiting for her to snap on me and never speak to me agin.

"Well, I was wondering if maybe you'd like to drive down to the boardwalk and spend the day. If it sounds to romantic for your liking, I completely understand. I just assumed since it was a nice day and all---"

"I've never been anywhere close to a beach in my entire life, sounds like a great escape. Just let me change and I'll be right--"

"Nope, no changing, you look great. Let's just go and enjoy."

I pulled my phone out and dialed the front desk.

"Is there anything I can help you with Mr. Jameston?"

"Yeah, I need someone to bring my car around for me."

"Is that everything? Your father actually just called to check on you, says you've been ignoring his calls."

"Yes, that's everything." I hung up before the woman at the other end said anything else.

"So since you're not letting me change can I at least drive?"

"Hell no."

"Why not!?"

"Because Porscha is my baby!" Why else, and no way was I going to be seen getting driven around by a woman. No and no.

I'm just glad she forgave me for being an ass. I honestly thought she was giving him her number. I kinda looked at it as 'I was being played' and by someone I actually had an honest interest in. Kinda struck a nerve.